Should i bother getting a new card or stick with my R4?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by misticknight, Feb 27, 2009.

1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    i'm getting sick of no R4 updates and having to arm7 patch alot of games cause they wont work. do you think it's worth shelling out the money for either an Ackard 2i or a CycloDS (there the two on my mind). and also i might get a DSi soon, so if i was which of them 2 would be best? or should i just wait for a new DSi flashcard to come out before deciding anything?

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Buy a AceKard 2.1. Not worth getting an AceKard 2i until someone has officially tested it for anywhere outside of Japan. Not saying the guide here is worthless, but I think it is best to wait until someone has been using a flashcart with no issues when using it with a DSi.

I would get rid of the R4, and maybe sell it for a few dollars and maybe even sell to friends.

Also, would you want the extra features such as RTS, RTG and RTC? Those are just features that people look out for in the CycloDS Evolution. If you aren't going to use those, just go for an AceKard 2.1 or 2i. Just get a 2i if you are planning on getting a DSi. But it might not be worth to try yet...

3. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    whats RTS and RTG?

4. Splych

Philippines
    RTS - Real Time Save
    RTG - Real Time Guide

Never mind about the RTC. I just keep on thinking about something else...

Real Time Save allows you to save anywhere in a game using the CycloDS Saver.

Real Time Guide allows you to read .txt files anywhere in a game. Just like reading a guide off of GameFaqs on your DS anytime you want.

5. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    RTG sounds good, but RTS sounds like it'll lead me to save anywhere i want which usually makes me lazy and just keep loading when i die. maybe it'll be better off to get a card without this option.

6. Splych

Philippines
    Also, did I forget to mention that they are at their beta stages xD

Anyway... RTS is beginning to get popular among flashcarts. They are also others with this feature:

- iTouch DS
    - M3Real DS
    - SuperCard DS One v3
    - EZ-Flash V

Those are all others with RTS. The SuperCard had RTS first, then followed others. iTouch reminds me of a cheap knock-off of a M3Real so don't bother with it. M3Real is good and just released the RTS features just recently I think. EZ-Flash V isn't very popular among people probably because of it's slow GUI xD

Good thing about SuperCard is that it has RTS, RTG and RTC. I think RTC (RealTimeCheat) allows you to edit your cheats during gameplay... Not sure if this was one of them, but I am sure there are 3 Real Time features with the SuperCard. Most people don't use this probably because of the GUI since it is a little crappy to most people. I used to own one, realizing I didn't use the Real Time features, I traded it off to my little sister in exchange for an AceKard 2.1

7. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    i think i'm going to go for the 2.1 afterall, but i read the review on GBAtemp, and i dont know if it's been fixed yet but it said i need to compile a cheat code for every game, is that still the case cause that could be annoying.

8. Splych

Philippines
    It won't be annoying... Do you mean that they compile the cheats when you load the game then try to edit the cheats? Or like when creating your own cheat file...

Because, once you compile the cheats once, that is all that it takes... But if you use the AKAIO loader, you won't need to compile them anymore xD

Also, you can download the cheats here at GBAtemp:
    GBAtemp Cheat Database (Download the USRCHEAT.DAT for AceKard)
    Cheat Database Thread (To know which cheats have been added each day etc...)

9. SoLuckys

Member SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    get Acekard 2.1 or 2i.I own both Ak2.1 and Cyclo, they are the best flashcarts and i am waiting for my new Ak2i