Hacking Shortcut or Easier way with Menu (Gateway 3DS)

John2568

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any shortcuts for the Gateway 3DS Cards for example if you have young kids going through the setting, profile etc so tedious. I miss the old days with acecard r4i with a icon menu.

thanks in advance

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any shortcuts for the Gateway 3DS Cards for example if you have young kids going through the setting, profile etc so tedious. I miss the old days with acecard r4i with a icon menu.

thanks in advance

Soon there will be a a9hl plugin for use with GW. That will be the quickest/easiest way for kids. You would just need to do otp/a9hl first to be able to do that on 9.2. If your not on 9.2, you will need to update to that first.

menuhax does not have 100% boot rate, it will still work but not every time.

John2568

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to install luma3ds CFW i have 4.2 now. i checked the site but saying to
Upgrading from ARN 4.3....
whats arn lol sorry newbie

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You can install some of the system settings stuff as cia's on the home menu. Messy weird stuff though, I wouldn't advise.

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
how to install luma3ds CFW i have 4.2 now. i checked the site but saying to
Upgrading from ARN 4.3....
whats arn lol sorry newbie

How to install A9LH (arm9loaderhax) with Luma 3DS: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
ARN stands for AuReiNAND. AuReiNAND is Luma3DS, but the name was changed.

Disclaimer: There is a very low chance of destroying your console with a brick. Read the instructions carefully - the most common brick is human error. Your warranty will be null and void, but hey, warranty is voided with Gateway.

Last edited by Deleted member 386348,

Deleted member 386348

Trophies
XP
thanks , but looks confusing scared i might brick
That's okay. Most people typically are overwhelmed by it, and don't want to risk a brick. I've done it twice, no bricks. Just so you know, the process usually takes around 5 hours to set up. (Most of the time you're backing up your sysNAND and EmuNAND and the 3DS processor is slow af, so get Netflix or a game ready)

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's okay. Most people typically are overwhelmed by it, and don't want to risk a brick. I've done it twice, no bricks. Just so you know, the process usually takes around 5 hours to set up. (Most of the time you're backing up your sysNAND and EmuNAND and the 3DS processor is slow af, so get Netflix or a game ready)
it doesn't take that long, but close

John2568

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats for the advise. is there any other way for easier to use for kids to load games besides through gateway 3ds profile method. my boy has trouble with it. For adults its no biggy ha

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Setting up A9LH does look pretty scary, but all of the tools have been upgraded to the point where most bricks are just human error. If you follow the guide perfectly, you should be able to painlessly install A9LH.
Personally, I suggest if you do go down the A9LH path and it's for kids, to go with SaltFW instead. It's basically Luma3DS, stripped down to the most basic/needed patches, but aims to be an install once and forget about CFW.

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thats for the advise. is there any other way for easier to use for kids to load games besides through gateway 3ds profile method. my boy has trouble with it. For adults its no biggy ha

do the A9LH thing, just follow the guide step by step(don't skip anything) and you'll be safe. i was scare at first, but i figured what the hell and i don't regret

Deleted member 386348

Trophies
XP
I can think of two ways... the old 9.2sys 10.7emu with Menuhax, or the A9LH guide. You can install the games directly to your SD Card, so you can load them like you would if you downloaded them from the eShop.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys you have to consider the OP's setup rather than just advising him to go straight into a9lh. Clearly he's a newbie considering how basic Gateway is. He might not understand what any terminology means.

There's also the risk of OP losing his savedata. As you can see he's on 4.x, and updating means he'll have to use a new save encryption introduced in later firmwares.

Currently, I don't believe there's any solution for OP, unless he's fine with losing savedata.

Reactions: Brawl345

Deleted member 386348

Trophies
XP
Guys you have to consider the OP's setup rather than just advising him to go straight into a9lh. Clearly he's a newbie considering how basic Gateway is. He might not understand what any terminology means.

There's also the risk of OP losing his savedata. As you can see he's on 4.x, and updating means he'll have to use a new save encryption introduced in later firmwares.

Currently, I don't believe there's any solution for OP, unless he's fine with losing savedata.
welp, you're right. I forgot about the encryption. However, couldn't he just update using PlaiSysUpdater? Would that erase savedata?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"