Shortcut or Easier way with Menu (Gateway 3DS)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by John2568, May 7, 2016.

1. John2568
    OP

John2568 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Is there any shortcuts for the Gateway 3DS Cards for example if you have young kids going through the setting, profile etc so tedious. I miss the old days with acecard r4i with a icon menu.

thanks in advance

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Menuhax is much easier to deal with for entering gateway mode, check the tutorial section im sure there will be a guide in there somewhere

Hoppy likes this.
  3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Ditch gateway and get luma3ds CFW.

Quantumcat, Hoppy and astronautlevel like this.
  4. crimpshrine

crimpshrine GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    Soon there will be a a9hl plugin for use with GW. That will be the quickest/easiest way for kids. You would just need to do otp/a9hl first to be able to do that on 9.2. If your not on 9.2, you will need to update to that first.

menuhax does not have 100% boot rate, it will still work but not every time.

5. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Install a9lh+luma3ds is the best method

6. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    I wouldn't recommend that for OP, unless they are willing to also set up a 9.2 EmuNand so they can boot Gateway CFW (which doesn't currently support A9LH)

7. John2568
    OP

John2568 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    how to install luma3ds CFW i have 4.2 now. i checked the site but saying to
    Upgrading from ARN 4.3....
    whats arn lol sorry newbie

8. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    You can install some of the system settings stuff as cia's on the home menu. Messy weird stuff though, I wouldn't advise.

9. Dorimori

Dorimori professional lurker

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    How to install A9LH (arm9loaderhax) with Luma 3DS: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
    ARN stands for AuReiNAND. AuReiNAND is Luma3DS, but the name was changed.

Disclaimer: There is a very low chance of destroying your console with a brick. Read the instructions carefully - the most common brick is human error. Your warranty will be null and void, but hey, warranty is voided with Gateway.

Last edited by Dorimori, May 8, 2016
  10. John2568
    OP

John2568 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    thanks , but looks confusing scared i might brick

11. Dorimori

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    That's okay. Most people typically are overwhelmed by it, and don't want to risk a brick. I've done it twice, no bricks. Just so you know, the process usually takes around 5 hours to set up. (Most of the time you're backing up your sysNAND and EmuNAND and the 3DS processor is slow af, so get Netflix or a game ready)

12. Angelikita

Angelikita Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    Mexico
    it doesn't take that long, but close

13. John2568
    OP

John2568 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    thats for the advise. is there any other way for easier to use for kids to load games besides through gateway 3ds profile method. my boy has trouble with it. For adults its no biggy ha

14. Dorimori

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    Give or take. That was my first time, but that was February (I think?) so the guide's long since outdated. It was pre-SafeA9LHInstaller

15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Setting up A9LH does look pretty scary, but all of the tools have been upgraded to the point where most bricks are just human error. If you follow the guide perfectly, you should be able to painlessly install A9LH.
    Personally, I suggest if you do go down the A9LH path and it's for kids, to go with SaltFW instead. It's basically Luma3DS, stripped down to the most basic/needed patches, but aims to be an install once and forget about CFW.

16. Angelikita

Angelikita Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    Mexico
    do the A9LH thing, just follow the guide step by step(don't skip anything) and you'll be safe. i was scare at first, but i figured what the hell and i don't regret

17. Dorimori

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    I can think of two ways... the old 9.2sys 10.7emu with Menuhax, or the A9LH guide. You can install the games directly to your SD Card, so you can load them like you would if you downloaded them from the eShop.

18. CreAtor135

CreAtor135 GBATemp's #1 Nothing

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    Guys you have to consider the OP's setup rather than just advising him to go straight into a9lh. Clearly he's a newbie considering how basic Gateway is. He might not understand what any terminology means.

There's also the risk of OP losing his savedata. As you can see he's on 4.x, and updating means he'll have to use a new save encryption introduced in later firmwares.

Currently, I don't believe there's any solution for OP, unless he's fine with losing savedata.

Brawl345 likes this.
  19. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
  20. Dorimori

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    welp, you're right. I forgot about the encryption. However, couldn't he just update using PlaiSysUpdater? Would that erase savedata?