the most PC-Engine CD-Games are running perfekt,
but the following 3 I can't play after starting them :

- Fantasy Star Soldier
- Forgotten World
- Psychic Storm

After the start the game says that it only works with
, ....
... something like that.

Are these games not playable 'cause this Card system is still not emulated ?

The other cd-games work fine, I've used the TurboGrafx CD Super System Card (USA) v3.0.

Please help :)

Reactions: SaulFabre

XeRo9009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem as well with Exile II (both the US and Japanese versions); I have syscard3.pce bios loaded and the game informs that it "only works with the Super CD ROM system". The bios screen basically shows that's what it's running in the emulator though. Thanks for any help.

kbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure why the US version of Exile II won't work but for the Japanese games you probably need the proper bios files.

CD-ROM System (J) (v2.1).pce
and
Super CD-ROM System (J) (v3.0).pce

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble loading a PC engine CD game on my wii u's vwii

I receive a message of, "CD could not find a system that supports this CD" I placed the syscard3.pce bios file in the mednafen's main directory, along with every other CD Rom bios file from a bios pack i found. The games format consists of 1 cue file and various Track files in the .bin format. No iso file is present. I loaded the syscard3.pce file and it ran fine, displaying a CD ROM v3 title screen. I clicked the 1 button and it just stays on ,"one moment"

Are these PC engine CD Rom games in the wrong format for WiiMednafen to load them? should they be in "Bin & Cue" format, opposed to , "Cue track bin" bin files?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry for necrobumping a very old thread but there are three considerations that i'm asking to you:

1. The ROMS of PCE CD / TG-16 CD MUST be in BIN+CUE or ISO+OGG+CUE in order for run them in WiiMednafen.
2. Have you putted your firmware files (syscard3.pce) into the folder [device_root]:/wiimednafen/firmware/ ? (Example: sd:/wiimednafen/firmware/ )
3. Have you tried with latest version of WiiMednafen by @raz0red, which i uploaded here?: https://gbatemp.net/download/wiimednafen.37238/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1