Short news

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Short news of the Gba scene[/p]
· Gbadev.org has published a review of the brand new EZ-Flash2 Power Star - new generation of flash linkers, you can read it here.

· A new version of the commercial emulator No$GBA is out. This version 1.7b - yes, just like VBA - is still expensive ($5000 US!) but implements a lot of new features and bugfixes.

· A new little GBA tool is out: the GBA Resources Downloader. This little soft will download from its servers any boxart, snapshot, screenshot and NFO. You can download it here.

· Last but not least, here is the link for the "most complete Pogoshell 1.2 FAQ", written by our admin Kivan!. It's not all new, but it can help people since it's not listed anywhere.

Enjoy![/p]

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$5000 FOR NO$GBA!? Makes no sense, knowing the Title says NO $, basically meaning free...WTF are they thinking. $5000 for a emulator, Bull****
laugh.gif

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello just testing the DL now, it still lacks one small setting, a checkbox next to each Download path to turn it off, what if you just want to DL all the Boxart and already have the Titles Snaps and NFOs (this could save you Bandwidth)

a lot better than the other version though, seems perfect apart from the Checkbox idea.

oh and maybe alter the info on each colour square to a tooltip so you don't have to click and then close the message.

and how about saving the Download list so you can browse it later to see what resources are missing?

fantastic job though.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
The downloader is a very good idea, it's the first time I know of it and I find it a great tool!
About NO$..are they mad?? I used an old shareware version of the emu in the old pokemon times, I invented a method to connect 2 pkmn roms emulated at the same time, before there was the tgbdual..the emu was good, I don't know how is it now but...5000USD?? Come on...
blink.gif

EDIT: I forgot...haven't tried the downloader yet but the checkbox idea sounds good!

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the reason its called no$cash is cos the author has no cash - thats what he said on his site

I think $5000 is a bit steep - is that emulator really that good it warrants that kinda pricetag?
I guess with that price - no one knows how it really is huh?
unsure.gif

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No one will ever know how effective that emulator can be if that price stay like this. There's no way anyone would go as far as to pay that much just for an emu!
blink.gif
Heck! Just buying two real GBAs would be much cheaper and better than that.

CapnJimby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading the NO$GBA site. The reason its so expensive is that he is selling it to developers only, he doesn't want to sell it to regular people, especially not cheap. If he did that a cracked version would show up on the internet like in NO$GMB. It seems a bit paranoid to me, but I guess he wants the cash to keep coming. I think at that price even developers would laugh and he still wouldn't make money.

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Add Expletive! It needs to come with a WideScreen High Definition TV and top of the line home theater system for that amount of money. That's a nice down payment on a car.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
before everyone jumps in me to coming to martin's defense, no$gba is meant strictly as a developer's tool [period].

he's looking to make a living by doing what he does best, which is code tools. yes, it's an emulator, but it's also a full source-level debugger. and all things considered, as far as the price tag goes, $5000 is a very reasonable price for this sort of development tool (especially when you consider that the price tag represents a site license [meaning that a development house would merely have to purchase one license] rather than a license for each and every pc like nintendo's official kit).

[rant]
I don't understand why people have a problem with him trying to make a living on [his] product. I view it the same as violence on television. all of these people keep complaining about it, but they don't have to watch it. but for some reason they feel compelled to do so and then bitch and moan about it. I say "if you don't like it, quit fixating on it."

yes, as was stated previously, the 'no $' in no$gba represents the authors financial standings. when you people finally get it through your heads that what forgotten and the others are offering for free is a godsend and should be appreciated (instead of taken for granted).

maybe once some of the whiners move out of their parents homes and have to start fending for themselves, only then will they understand the necessity to generate an income.

oh, and if you really want complain, bitch to all of the people who thought it was *kewl* to steal the no$gb key and pass it around instead of donating a measly $2-10 for a legitimate licensed key like he was requesting. its those people which caused a "community friendly" version of no$gba never to materialise.
[/rant while donning kevlar vest for ensuing onslaught]

I

iceman9414

it is 5000 because it is an official devkit now, nintendo will honor developments with the emulator and debugger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1