shopping channel on used wii question

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by rion999, Apr 28, 2010.

Apr 28, 2010
  1. rion999
    OP

Newcomer rion999 Member

United States
    I bought a used wii recently, and after setting it up, updating, and all that I get on the shopping channel and put 3000 points on it. I spent some, but while I was buying games I noticed that it already had a few things bought. After I see that, I realize the original owners account is still registered to the shopping channel. Now I'm worried about whether I should continue using this account or if I should remove it and lose the 3000 points I just bought. What I want to know is what exactly the points and games are tied to, like when you first start the wii shop does it ask you to make an account with a password or is the account literally just the wii itself, and if there is any way for the original owner to get access to the account on my wii again?

2. Salax

Member Salax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You should be just fine, unless they installed some sort of hack which gives them access to your Wii Shop channel. This is extremely unlikely, so I would say ignore it.

3. rion999
    OP

Newcomer rion999 Member

United States
    Ok, thanks.