Shooting takes place at Florida gaming tournament

IMG_0680.JPG

Today, a Madden NFL 19 gaming tournament took place in Jacksonville Florda. Sadly, it appears a shooting occurred at the event, leading to four currently confirmed deaths. One of the competitors, Drini Gjoka claimed that they fled the area, and was grazed by a bullet while the shooter was active. Jacksonville's Police Department have stated that a shooting did happen, but have not explained any further details at this time, while also telling citizens to stay away from The Landing, where the tragedy took place. The tournament was a qualifier event, which was officially backed by EA Sports. At the time of writing, there are a total of 11 victims. A potential suspect was found dead at the scene.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

:arrow: Source 2: Twitter

:arrow: Source 3: Local News Outlet

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
WARNING DISTURBING, ONLY WATCH IF YOUR SURE.
Sad times :(

Its apparently 15 total victims now :(

Last edited by PRAGMA,

Ric-Are-Those

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know life is just great when you wake up to complain that August is almost over and there's no CFW in sight and you see this on the front page.

A meteor needs to take us and soon

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yiffna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sad news. Hopefully the injured will be ok. To go from playing a game to facing gun fire is unimaginable.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I fail to see how is a good thing, that a psycho goes nut and start killing people.
Well, some people always think that there is a balance in life in general, i guess i can understand that but yeah, thats somehow really complicated to understand still...

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
There are filmings where you can see a laser on the guy with the red hoodie right before the camera goes out.

Tragic, and now some people interested in eSports will back off and the community will receive backlash because of something one jackass did.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is such a terrible thing to hear. It's sad to see more and more of these events happening everyday, especially because of how cold they are. My condolences to the families of the people who have passed away and i really hope the best to the ones who got injured.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad news, it seems the US is no longer a safe place. I wonder what's wrong with their society that the mass shootings are more and more common every day.
The statistics don't hold out for such a conclusion; it's safer than it's ever been. Violent crime has been dropping for decades on pretty much all fronts. Shootings like these, as tragic as they are, represent only a tiny blip on the radar in terms of overall violence. As for why they occur, I'm nowhere near qualified to even attempt to answer that. StarGazerTom's answer would be my best guess.

D

Deleted User

Minor update: the dude who got shot while playing had his thumb hit. That could be the end of his pro-gaming career.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean just recently has DDR5 finally started getting actually slightly faster than DDR4