Shooting takes place at Florida gaming tournament

IMG_0680.JPG

Today, a Madden NFL 19 gaming tournament took place in Jacksonville Florda. Sadly, it appears a shooting occurred at the event, leading to four currently confirmed deaths. One of the competitors, Drini Gjoka claimed that they fled the area, and was grazed by a bullet while the shooter was active. Jacksonville's Police Department have stated that a shooting did happen, but have not explained any further details at this time, while also telling citizens to stay away from The Landing, where the tragedy took place. The tournament was a qualifier event, which was officially backed by EA Sports. At the time of writing, there are a total of 11 victims. A potential suspect was found dead at the scene.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

:arrow: Source 2: Twitter

:arrow: Source 3: Local News Outlet

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting how so many people suddenly become gun and gun safety experts right after these things happen.

My narcissism aside, it's tragic to hear some people lost their lives and were injured over such a trivial gathering.
There's only one common thread between every mass shooting - easy access to guns.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's time to blame the elephant in the room and do something about it. The common element in the overwhelming majority if not all of these ocurrences. The thing that NEEDS to be banned. Psychotropic drugs.
You forgot video games, movies and every thing else that we can blame instead of going at the source of what we can control .... it really saddens me and make me angry.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only one common thread between every mass shooting - easy access to guns.
You're kidding yourself if you think easy access to guns is the only common thread, there's also irrationality.

No rational person would commit a mass killing. With or without easy access to guns.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: Deleted User

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The source is???
If you think the source are the firearms, that's not the source.
In Canada you can get weapons, want AR15? you can get one for little money. Check marstar.ca
Yet you don't have that many shootouts in Canada do you?
In switzerland you can get weapons too, in fact in most of the countries of Europe you can get firearms. Yet there are not many shootouts.

I guess the problems is somwhere else, i don't know where, but not in the guns. Maybe the health care?
I live in Canada and I looked at what is required to get any firearms in Canada ... It's way harder than in the states. It's not even comparable. But lets say you're right and there are just more crazy ppl in the US ... we can't prevent where crazy ppl go, we can't predict if someone will flipout and become crazy ect ect ... the only thing we can control that will massively reduce this problem in a short period of time is limiting firearm access. Yes education need to be improved but that's a solution that requires a lot of time and it's a must, but there's only 1 real short/medium term solution.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's zero evidence for any of that, mate.
It was sarcastic ...

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I live in Canada and I looked at what is required to get any firearms in Canada ... It's way harder than in the states. It's not even comparable. But lets say you're right and there are just more crazy ppl in the US ... we can't prevent where crazy ppl go, we can't predict if someone will flipout and become crazy ect ect ... the only thing we can control that will massively reduce this problem in a short period of time is limiting firearm access. Yes education need to be improved but that's a solution that requires a lot of time and it's a must, but there's only 1 real short/medium term solution.
What about the people who have their lives protected by legal firearms? Does their lives not matter? They're not in the headlines after all. Yes a lot more are protected by them than killed, it's fact.

Reactions: Deleted User

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you dipshits talking about "too soon" should look at the history of mass shootings in this country and you'll see EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. there's some idiot talking about "It's too soon" "the bodies aren't even cold yet" and they repeat that until the next fucking shooting and then we reset the "too soon" timer once again. It's not too fucking soon, it's too fucking late.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
What about the people who have their lives protected by legal firearms? Does their lives not matter? They're not in the headlines after all. Yes a lot more are protected by them than killed, it's fact.
What about them? If they got their weapon legally, and if there was a decent background check before the acquisition of the gun, there's no issue.

Reactions: bodefuceta

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What about them? If they got their weapon legally, and if there was a decent background check before the acquisition of the gun, there's no issue.
This is correct logically. But when the same people who deems who is sane actually prescribes drugs that are responsible for incidents like this, it's a tough situation.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No it's not and I'm not talking about eliminating every single firearms, I'm talking about doing a through background check and maintaining a registry... just common sense. What's the main reason why someone will break into your house with a weapon? To steal your stuff ... what is more dangerous, pulling out a gun, or letting him take your stuff without threatening him, then call your insurance company and get brand new things? You're way more likely to get shot by pulling out a gun against a desperate man who also has one.

Reactions: Arcanuskun

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It saddens me that mass shooting are a normal thing in the US, yet we continue to ignore cause of them. We continue to allow innocent people to be killed in droves because addressing the problems should also mean working on fixing those problems. Of we don't do that, we give the same song and dance, thoughts and prayers, and wait for the next mass shooting that media picks up.
Easy access to fire arms is part of the problem. Easy access to guns like an AR-15 are part of the problem. Poor quality background checks and lack of mental screening is a problem. Pretending any of these is a violation of the Second Amendment is a problem. The US has exclusive problems that every other devolved society had fixed years ago.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can just hear cnn and msnbc talking about banning guns. They never blame the person actually holding the gun do they? The libs that want gun control can give theirs up first. go ahead and set the example. The thieves will know who to steal from because they will know yall aint got no protection....

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can just hear cnn and msnbc talking about banning guns. They never blame the person actually holding the gun do they? The libs that want gun control can give theirs up first. go ahead and set the example. The thieves will know who to steal from because they will know yall aint got no protection....
Well ... I don't know what gun companies put in your water or what brainwash technique they use but it's working. It's not like you have hundreds of other countries to take as example and pull stats from hey?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?