Hacking SHOCK! shells

SHOCK! replacement shell troubles?

• Yes - Installation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Quality

• No - works just fine, and looks twice as sweet.

• Total voters

jono_

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you ever had trouble with your SHOCK replacement shell? if so where?
and has anyone ever got the chrome shell?

Trying to get an overall for or against.

NoNameFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am insteresting in the Strat Clear shell, but aftering reading the tutorial
I find myself not really good in this kind of thing and might damage my
NDSL so I just give up.
wink2.gif

I don't even own a tri-wing screwdriver.
nyanya.gif

duinroosje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought one, it was a piece of junk, i had to sand it down on the inside, it did not even fit together properly, the inside was not even so the clamps were keeping it from coming together who knows maybe gamersection gave me a defective shock case, the thing itself was easy to take apart the main problem i had with the ribbon and the L and R buttons whenever i closed the case back up the springs would pop out so i would need to reopen the thing.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
sketchy doesnt even begin to describe it. you see that metal-like sleek cover? its actually a shitty plastic. i just got mine yesterday, finished installing it 5 am today. and i started at 11 pm. it was my first time doing anything like this, so yeah, im bad. but trust me, i can tella good product when i see one. it was horrid. poorest quality accessory/mod i've seen made for the DS; it honestly feels way weaker than the plastic they use for flash-carts. my advise would be not to get one.

specific things that suck about it:
L+R buttons are screwy, very hard to press
power and volume button don't fit as well in the shock cases
they dont come with the little sticker thingies that keep your DS from sliding, so you need to keep them and re-use them.
i screwed up my top screen doing this, its now a permanently tinted green.
cheap material, as said before
very long, painstaking process.

if you want to see my results...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2175...7b&id=502946796

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
sketchy doesnt even begin to describe it. you see that metal-like sleek cover? its actually a shitty plastic. i just got mine yesterday, finished installing it 5 am today. and i started at 11 pm. it was my first time doing anything like this, so yeah, im bad. but trust me, i can tella good product when i see one. it was horrid. poorest quality accessory/mod i've seen made for the DS; it honestly feels way weaker than the plastic they use for flash-carts. my advise would be not to get one.

specific things that suck about it:
L+R buttons are screwy, very hard to press
power and volume button don't fit as well in the shock cases
they dont come with the little sticker thingies that keep your DS from sliding, so you need to keep them and re-use them.
i screwed up my top screen doing this, its now a permanently tinted green.
cheap material, as said before
very long, painstaking process.

if you want to see my results...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2175...7b&id=502946796

If you can bear to open your case again (I wouldn't blame you
ph34r.gif
), you can grab one of these from Dealextreme (assuming you have a lite) but they also have the phat versions too.

Yeah, the pictures of them I've seen don't look amazing, but like 754boy said, they're just cashing in on a niche in the market.

TetrisGOD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The black and clear look the best in my opinion, im on the fence if i should buy this or not. What I really want to know is how this compares to the factory white ds lite, do cracks appear out of no where with the shock cases too ? If it does I might as well just buy a brand new onyx and give this one to my brother.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The black and clear look the best in my opinion, im on the fence if i should buy this or not. What I really want to know is how this compares to the factory white ds lite, do cracks appear out of no where with the shock cases too ? If it does I might as well just buy a brand new onyx and give this one to my brother.
nintendo charges 50 dollars for a new case if you send it in.

TetrisGOD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nintendo charges 50 dollars for a new case if you send it in.

I would gladly pay 50 bucks for it to be fixed, but the question is; is it going to happen again. I myself thought I didnt have a crack until i picked up the magnifying glass the other day after reading some posts on here, found 2 cracks, but both are in the middle and can barely bee seen, but just like cracks on glass it will spread like a spider web over time. They should make a carbon fiber case
rofl2.gif
that would put an end to all the cracks for good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person