Shit, I think I bricked my wii O_O

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Andriko, Sep 7, 2010.

Sep 7, 2010
  1. Andriko
    OP

Newcomer Andriko Member

Canada
    Uhh, so, I connected my hacked wii to the internet, I hacked it using the 4.2 update guide on these forums, a message from nintendo said 4.3 was released, I wasn't a dumbass so I didn't update. After connecting to the internet, Priiloader was spazzy, if you didn't launch system menu fast enough, or didn't autoboot to system menu it would say could not find TAD size or something along the lines of that... I also found an update to homebrew channel and updated that, but in the process I bricked my wii somehow... First I uninstalled my current hbc, then installed the latest version, then I uninstalled bootmii as boot2 and ios, for some reason there was both, so I was planning to uninstall both and install as ios... but when I tried to install the only option was to exit bootmii, so I returned to the hbc. I exited hbc which went to priiloader, and now the system menu is corrupted and priiloader cant launch hbc... WTF DO I DO. Please halp a noob

2. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    You can launch HBC installer from priiloader.
    Install bootmii@boot2 and make nand backup asap.

3. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Try loading the System Menu with a different IOS (249 if you have it, 60 if not).

4. mike333

Poland
    Where in priiloader is option to perform IOS reload?

5. Andriko
    OP

Newcomer Andriko Member

Canada
    How would I install stuff from priiloader?

EDIT: Ok, what, the f***. I started up my wii, tried to start up system menu again, then it gives code dump error, just english stuff, then stuff that looks like ram memory addresses after it, then more english, then more random stuff, like ram addresses. Then I started tinkering with settings, changing ios gave the same symptoms, and I changed the autoboot settings, saved, priiloader hanged. I pulled the power cord, started up, tried system menu and it works, so does hbc... again, what, the f***. I'm getting scared by my unstable wii, thinking it might not work tomorrow, so should I do the 4.3 update guide now...

6. mike333

Poland
    There is option to run file from sd card.

7. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    :wtf: you thought your wii was broke so you delete bootmii boot2?

8. Andriko
    OP

Newcomer Andriko Member

Canada
    No, I thought it broke after I deleted boot2, and now it works for some reason cause I changed autoboot settings in priiloader, now I reinstalled bootmii and hbc to its latest version

9. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    You must install bootmii in both boot2 and IOS. There is no way around this, as Team Twiizer changed Hackmii installer to do this.

Honestly, if you don't know what you are doing then ask us first. Don't just jump the gun and start fixing your Wii. Now you done more damage than good.

The way I see it you are close to 100% screwed. You removed bootmii in boot2 (which prevents Hackmii installer or DOP-Mill to be launched). Your priiloader is useless (because you upgraded HBC to latest version which priiloader doesn't recognize).

Unless you can launch WAD Manager/DOP-Mii from priiloader you are 100% screwed. If you can launch them then post back and we'll tell you what to do next.