Shiren the Wanderer

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by esoterica, Feb 9, 2010.

Feb 9, 2010

Shiren the Wanderer by esoterica at 10:46 PM (2,537 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. esoterica
    OP

Member esoterica GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Soo... this game just came out today I guess? Haven't really heard too much hype about it. I've been trying to find this but no luck. I think I may have tried the DS version but I don't remember. Does anyone have this yet and/or tried it? Just wondering if I should keep searching.

2. Hezkore

Member Hezkore GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Been looking for it myself but no luck :/

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, somewhat elusive warez requests and asking if a game has been released complaints aside, here's a review from IGN. Yeah, it's IGN, but it's the only review that I can find.

Link

7/10 ain't too bad, especially considering how low Shiren games have gotten in the US. Apparently they eased up on the difficulty a bit to make it more accessible. Sounds cool.

4. Hezkore

Sweden
    Bah, i want it haaard!!
    All games today are way too easy, it's more about spending time with the games today than actually being hard.
    It's like the early Burnout games, i loved them but then to get better sales in the US they made it easier.

5. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    not really a fan of dungeon crawlers after how much chocobos dun sucked

6. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I love Shiren the Wanderer on DS - better than the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series in my opinion.

Cannot find this to buy on the Wii anywhere in the UK as of yet, not even Amazon and ShopTo...

7. Ergo

Member Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    How about to get better sales...everywhere?

8. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    That's what she said.
    Lol.

But, I agree. Games these days are getting ruined by casuals. Developers are trying to appeal to them more and more, but forgetting about real gamers in the process.

9. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    .. WHAT?
    FOR REAL? THERE IS A SHIREN FOR WII?
    I MUST FIND IT

10. Ergo

Member Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    They are not being ruined by casuals: casuals don't play Burnout, Shiren, etc. If you want to blame anyone, blame your creampuff friends who cry at the slightest hint of difficulty in a videogame for this trend.

11. Hells Malice

Canada
    Casuals are ruining the gaming industry. No point being ignorant to it. When game designers plan a game, they often try to hit a broad audience to boost sales. Making games too hard often deters casuals. The smart thing is to add a huge variety of difficulty (such as Guitar Hero or Rock Band, the king and queen of casual gamer games despite it's inevitable difficulty that draws more dedicated gamers as well).

Also, your friends must suck, because none of mine would fall under the title of "creampuffs". Most of my friends are gamers, none are casuals.
    These 'creampuffs' ARE casual gamers.

It's very apparent casual gamers outweigh real gamers, because casuals get a lot of sway in games. World of Warcraft is the god of examples. The biggest MMO in the world is a casual-appealing pile of crap. Blizzard made WoW so easy to play that basically anyone can enjoy playing it, except most competitive MMO gamers, since we require more then mediocre PvP/GvG.

Some designers choose to appeal to both casual and real gamers, some choose to feign ignorance in the face of real gamers, and some don't give a crap about casuals. The ideal choice would probably be to appeal to both (if possible), but for some reason that hasn't caught on.

You can't generalize that casuals don't play Burnout, or Shiren. They do. Casuals are like cockroaches, and the gaming industry is infested with them.
    They're everywhere.

12. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Anyone who thinks this game is going to be "casual" should seriously stop posting. It's not being dumbed down to the point of being a "casual" game, it's being softened up so that it's actually accessible to more than an incredibly small fanbase. And by a larger demographic, I don't mean all 70 million Wii owners, I mean all gamer Wii owners. It's just "dumbed down" enough so that it isn't fucking ridiculously hard. It's still damn challenging, from what I hear.

13. Hezkore

Sweden
    Well easy or not, I sure do hope I can get my hands on it soon! D:

14. Hells Malice

Canada
    The games weren't as hard as people claimed in the first place IMO. Shiren reminds me of Ninja Gaiden in the same way that there were usually the two extremes of those who found the game REALLY easy, and those who found it REALLY hard, with only a few in the middle.

Plus I don't think anyone said it was going to be made easy. Just that it was being dumbed down to appeal to a larger audience (which is was).

15. saison

Member saison GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why are people arguing about difficulty? If you're so damn sickened by a slight drop in difficulty, then go get a different game.

I'm psyched and hopefully this will be a much better experience (and story) than the Mystery Dungeon series.

16. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    apparently the scenes don't care much for this i haven't seen this available anywhere

17. Hezkore

Sweden
    Such a shame... I was really looking forward to this. :/

18. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    finally out.

19. Tolly

Newcomer Tolly Member

United Kingdom
    Shiren.the.Wanderer.USA.Wii-BiOSHOCK

i have this but it dont load on my wii
    comes up with read manually blah blah

20. saison

Member saison GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I found the game yesterday at the mall. It's definitely a good game, but it has weak points, like no voice acting.

Overall as a dungeon crawler, I love it, much better than the Mystery Dungeon series. Could use more character development though.