Hacking Shipped firmware for old 3ds/2ds/3ds xl

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So is it random whether it ships with a browser or not?
So you still aren't really safe buying one like that. Because afaik there isnt a way to give it a browser. You'd update with a game card but it doesnt update the browser. How would you do it then? What would be the point of buying a 8.1 2DS if it doesn't have the browser?
It most likely has browser.

D

Deleted-236924

Most likely? So it might not?
Because I'm considering it, but if there's a chance it doesn't have a browser then the purchase would have been useless.

flashsugar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I buy a 2ds it's likely to be on 9.0 or less ? And is cfw compatible?, is it a possibility,to not have the browser on it? How would I get the cfw on there without it

Last edited by flashsugar,

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure about 2DS. I think they were still doing the production for these when the old3ds production stopped, nonetheless, it should still more than likely be less than 9.2.

The 3DS systems have the browser as standard hence can use the browserhax to run the initial exploit

I would strongly recommend not the purchase the 2DS. prices of old3DS systems are very similar to the 2DS here (well in the UK at least) - infact a old3DS is cheaper than the 2DS in some stores

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Most likely? So it might not?
Because I'm considering it, but if there's a chance it doesn't have a browser then the purchase would have been useless.
It will only not have a browser if it is a really early model and was only updated with cartridges. So anything out of the box will have a browser unless you got a really old unopened one

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about 2DS. I think they were still doing the production for these when the old3ds production stopped, nonetheless, it should still more than likely be less than 9.2.

The 3DS systems have the browser as standard hence can use the browserhax to run the initial exploit

I would strongly recommend not the purchase the 2DS. prices of old3DS systems are very similar to the 2DS here (well in the UK at least) - infact a old3DS is cheaper than the 2DS in some stores

My brand new 2DS from Tesco came with 8.1 and browser installed and for the magical price of £50.

Still available instore too

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Not bad. Although having mono speakers and non-3d is a dealbreaker for me. I recently purchased the 3DS on firmware 2.1 brand new with a game and £5 argos voucher for £80

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As 3DS and 3DS XL are no longer produced, if you find a new one, I'm pretty sure it will be on less than 9.2.
As for the 2DS, all bundles until now will probably be on less than 9.2, but I think the Yo-Kai Watch one will be on 9.9 or more.

Says the one who have 4 Sky3DS and 3 exploitable 3DS with RXTools installed :P
That I use to to keep the game cartridges THAT I RIGHTFULLY OWN backed up

That Sky3DS were free anyways

#Lelz

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
That I use to to keep the game cartridges THAT I RIGHTFULLY OWN backed up

That Sky3DS were free anyways

#Lelz

Well, I know (you already said that countless times on the HANS bypass new AP thread), but maybe OP would also like to "keep the game cartridges that he rightfully owns backed up", so don't tell him to update because of "piracy" when you have no evidence to support your claim :P

ringo1206

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I know (you already said that countless times on the HANS bypass new AP thread), but maybe OP would also like to "keep the game cartridges that he rightfully owns backed up", so don't tell him to update because of "piracy" when you have no evidence to support your claim :P

Because Countless #'s People Were Asking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom