Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, this is amazing, your work never ceases to amaze.

Are there any plans to make a build for Master Quest in the future? And if both versions can be built in such a way, could there maybe be a chance in the future where the 2 experiences are bundled in the same release and you select as soon as you start up the title which experience you'd like to play, not unlike the GameCube disc of OoT and Master Quest (or later in the 3DS version)?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does this bring that emulating the GC version on the Wii U doesnt do, because that offers higher resolution too.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does this bring that emulating the GC version on the Wii U doesnt do, because that offers higher resolution too.
Native widescreen is great (though I do believe this can be achieved in the N64 VC build with a little bit of extra tinkering). But more than anything, it's about the possibilities that this can bring in time, 60fps could become a possibility in the future, and adding gyro for aiming your bow and hookshot appears to be on the agenda as well.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  • 1080p support (I don't think vWii injects run at anything higher than 480p)
  • Proper widescreen support
  • Enhancements like faster text speeds, cheats, ...
  • Additional game patches are possible (check out the various patches for the PC port on the SoH discord)

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, that's really awesome, it's really nice to be able to play Ocarina of Time with better and resolution and Widescreen on the Wii U ( maybe even at 60fps in the future ) instead of the Virtual Console version with bad input lag...

I would say it would be interesting to see a 3DS port as well, but Ocarina of Time 3D is a far superior version of the original in my opinion, not the same case with Super Mario 64 DS.

So... can't wait for the PSP and PS Vita versions too, damn... maybe even a Zeebo version, if they port the first Tomb Raider in Open Lara's Open Source project for the console, who knows.
()

But I can't wait to try it out on my Wii U, unfortunately I'll have to wait a bit because the fan on it just broken out of nowhere.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So... can't wait for the PSP and PS Vita versions too, damn... maybe even a Zeebo version, if they port the first Tomb Raider in Open Lara's Open Source project for the console, who knows.
I can't see the appeal of a Zeebo port. It is an expensive and hard to jailbreak (hardware, of course) device. That port exists just because /bin/cat (usernameAK) is the author of Melange, a BREW emulator/wrapper for Android, which runs BREW apps natively on the phone's hardware. I think it was just a test, not a serious project.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any difference between the pal and debug rom? Isn't the debug stuff for development purposes? :ninja:

Why start with the PAL Master Quest Debug version?​

Before the project began, this version of the game had the most information available: most romhacks have used it as a base, and it includes certain data ("debug strings") that help with identification of some of the purposes of functions and variables. It also appears to be slightly easier to match due to being compiled with slightly different flags from retail versions.

Which version will be next?​

We intend to work on the versions more similar to the ones we have completed, which means the order will roughly be PAL (non-MQ) debugs, PAL GameCube, the other GameCube versions, then the N64 versions and probably iQue last of all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night