Gaming Shiny hunting in Soulsilver but on R4 Gold Clone

zandatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think this is kinda dumb to post here but is anyone here tried shiny hunting Dratini in game corner but on R4? I don't have the original cart tho that's why i'm only using R4. Luckily you can SR in R4 so i can buy 5 Dratinis per reset but still no luck. I'm just doing this to burn some time during my short break in my wfh.
IMG_20221229_060337.jpg

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is kinda dumb to post here but is anyone here tried shiny hunting Dratini in game corner but on R4? I don't have the original cart tho that's why i'm only using R4. Luckily you can SR in R4 so i can buy 5 Dratinis per reset but still no luck. I'm just doing this to burn some time during my short break in my wfh.
View attachment 344823
Are you having issues hitting the exact RNG frames? Have never tried it with an R4 (ir any flashcart), so i'd assume the boot time is equal or atleast close to the cartridge. In the other hand, i could never get it to work with TWilightMenu.

zandatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Are you having issues hitting the exact RNG frames? Have never tried it with an R4 (ir any flashcart), so i'd assume the boot time is equal or atleast close to the cartridge. In the other hand, i could never get it to work with TWilightMenu.
I'm a first timer when it comes to shiny hunting, in my understanding the RNG resets its value when you soft reset so is the Shiny frame and i checking those 5 Dratinis status/EVs and they are changing everytime i soft reset and i think that's the indication i can Shiny hunt. I don't have the real soulsilver cart so i can't tell if they are booting the same as the R4 Card when soft resetting(i'm using YSmenu kernel) and not using Twligligtmenu.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a first timer when it comes to shiny hunting, in my understanding the RNG resets its value when you soft reset so is the Shiny frame and i checking those 5 Dratinis status/EVs and they are changing everytime i soft reset and i think that's the indication i can Shiny hunt. I don't have the real soulsilver cart so i can't tell if they are booting the same as the R4 Card when soft resetting(i'm using YSmenu kernel) and not using Twligligtmenu.
The frame should be exact if you gave accurate info to the software (forgot its name), having additional info like the locations of roaming dogs when you saved etc. Will help the software to calculate accurately. Also i'm not sure if you are hatching eggs or just static encounters, you must choose an are with little NPCs, as each movement for each NPC will advance the frame iirc. So you'll always be off if you didn't know about that.
Also, when the software tells you the exact location of the roaming dogs that you have in your game, you'd known if you hit the right frame or not.
Check this out:

zandatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The frame should be exact if you gave accurate info to the software (forgot its name), having additional info like the locations of roaming dogs when you saved etc. Will help the software to calculate accurately. Also i'm not sure if you are hatching eggs or just static encounters, you must choose an are with little NPCs, as each movement for each NPC will advance the frame iirc. So you'll always be off if you didn't know about that.
Also, when the software tells you the exact location of the roaming dogs that you have in your game, you'd known if you hit the right frame or not.
Check this out:

afaik it only works for DS Phat with a capture card, Papa Jefé demonstrates this kind of method.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik it only works for DS Phat with a capture card, Papa Jefé demonstrates this kind of method.
A capture card? Why would you need that?
Anyway, you could also use your save on an emulator on pc to be more accurate..

zandatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
A capture card? Why would you need that?
Anyway, you could also use your save on an emulator on pc to be more accurate..
It finally shines without using that RNG manipulation

Attachments

• IMG_20230529_112324.jpg
    IMG_20230529_112324.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 20

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How are you getting shinies without RNG'ing? Cheats?
5 months and a lot of patience, I suppose. Before people figured out how the RNG works, that was the only way. RNG abuse still feels a lot like cheating to me, and personally it wouldn't be the same accomplishment if I couldn't do it without external tools.
It's like the PC tool that was made in the early days of the 3DS Pokemon games that allowed you to see the stats of an egg just by selecting it in a trade so you could figure out its shiny value and use an online list to find someone else with a matching trainer ID and have them hatch it for you to get a shiny. And of course, to see the IVs to know which eggs to discard without having to go through the trouble of hatching them. I used it to get a couple of 5IV shinies but it didn't feel like an accomplishment at all.

Reactions: CoolMe

zandatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How are you getting shinies without RNG'ing? Cheats?
You don't need to cheat just to get a shiny, you just need to soft reset. I'm not fully commited to this hunt it's like i'm doing it like 2 days a week if i want to burn some time and there's nothing wrong about that.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to cheat just to get a shiny, you just need to soft reset. I'm not fully commited to this hunt it's like i'm doing it like 2 days a week if i want to burn some time and there's nothing wrong about that.
Oh, so you're trying your luck with the static encounters, catching a few Pokémon (5 or so) then soft-resetting and trying again in that same exact spot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning