Shinseiki Evangelion - Girlfriend of Steel 2nd English translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Kitsu-neechan, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Kitsu-neechan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
  2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I have one question for now, more to come based on the answer. Is this a dating sim?

3. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    kinda yeah... i guess...
    more or less all the decisions you do in the game are kinda like "do you spend your night with rei or asuka, or go a lil' gay and go with kaworu"

im a fan of evangelion so it was interesting to see what the game offered, but this game and this project was more or less just a result of of things that just happened.

i used the game for testing a set of hacks i brewed for some more interesting games, and since the game got reversed inside out while doing that, i showed jjjewel a gayish pic of shinji + kaworu to spark her interest on translating the script for me.... here we are.
    one less psp game to translate.

Last edited by Kitsu-neechan, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Digitsie

Digitsie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2014
    United States
    Testing it out... thank you!

I'm having a hard time getting part the Kaworu/Shinji branch (did that first mostly to encourage myself to get 100 percent since I'd rather play the Asuka branch and had a feeling I'd groan and give up on the Kaworu branch...) and all I can think of is, "Oh god, Kaworu, the problem is you babble the most inane crap!"

5. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    yeah.... i wasnt the biggest fan of that either... not really my cup of tea or so :P

the bigger problem in the game for me though was the fact that it's interface looks like shit which makes it a bit mehh to play.
    i made a lil mod on it to make it less boring which got me through one route, i might share it a bit later once i finish touching up the ingame menus a little.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I have an option to stay with Rei?
    SHUT UP AND TAKE ALL OF MY DOWNLOADS!!!!

7. Digitsie

Digitsie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2014
    United States
    I don't think the interface is that bad... it's the slow crawl that had me mashing the button to make it go faster that I think needs improvement.

And god, I really want a save where the Kaworu path is completed so I can just focus on the Asuka and Rei path, because the inane philosophical babbling is making me want to stab my eyes out.,

8. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    if my memory serves me correct, you can speed up the dialogs by holding down triangle.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

for those feeling lazy, here's a save with all scenes unlocked.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/s/gaxi0icvouvvj2h/ULJM05477SysData0.rar

doublepost, sorry senpai q.q

9. Digitsie

Digitsie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2014
    United States
    Oh, much appreciated. Now I can just play the Asuka path :D (And I will have to apply the triangle liberally when Kaworu talk. I zone out when he talks about the meaning of life and how it pales before Shinji... how did jjewel survive this???)

Last edited by Digitsie, Oct 14, 2016
  10. Digitsie

Digitsie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2014
    United States
    Worth a mention, I think - when I pick Asuka and get off the train into the city, the box for "Enter YU*ZAWAYA" and "Walk around town" is too small for the choices.

Also, near the beginning, there's a line that goes "If I put you at the controls, we'll fall into lake!"

Is that supposed to be 'a lake' or 'the lake'?

While you're running around town, if you enter the music shop, Asuka asks "You play musical instrument, right?" when you talk to her. Probably should read "You play a musical instrument, right?"

Last edited by Digitsie, Oct 14, 2016
  11. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    please report all typos and other issues into the bug tracker on my site, it will be impossible to gather those from allover the internet.

https://bbs.blacklabel-translations.com/showthread.php?tid=67

As for how JJJEwel survived that, that would be mostly because she's what you'd call a yaoi fangirl i guess :P the exact reason she agreed to translate the scripts was because it contained the option to be a lil' on the boys side. i asked her and she wasnt interested until i mentioned that fact :P

Last edited by Kitsu-neechan, Oct 17, 2016
    Shinon likes this.
  12. Shinon

Shinon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2014
    Malaysia
    A fujioshi

13. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    Congrats on releasing the patch. I've been busy with a lot of things that I haven't had time to check out this patch yet. Hope everything works fine. :)

P.S. Nah, I don't consider myself a fujoshi. I'm not at that level yet. ^_^

14. Kitsu-neechan
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    i played through the ayanami route prior to releasing it and it works as intended from the technical side.
    couple users reported a few spelling corrections though, which was kinda expected due to the lack of comprehensive QC the release had, so i will issue an update addressing those sometime in the future.
    it's nothing gamebreaking though.

jjjewel likes this.