Gaming Shining Resonance {PS3} English Patch - Nearly Complete

RebootRevival

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been working on back porting the PS4 English Assets to the PS3 for the last couple weeks and it is 99% complete. This is not a fan translation. It is official localization assets being converted to run on PS3. In less than 10 instances, the English was just not capable of being used(due to size constraints) and had to be rephrased.
Posting now to gauge interest as well as get a few tips for the last items I have.

What is complete:

• All in game text (Dialogue, Field Text, UI, Sequences, etc) has been converted to English. (Special/Bad PS4 encodings updated)
  • Any words and characters stored as textures has been updated.
  • All Tutorials screens featuring words have been converted to English images.
  • Movies have been converted to display English Subtitles with Japanese voice overs(Subtitles are baked into videos, required mixing PS3 audio streams with PS4 video)

Known Issues: (cosmetic only)

• Font sizing. I have not been able to find a way to change the font sizes in the PS3. In some cases the English is a bit lengthy which makes it run outside the proper area. It must do this for those 10-15 instances since the game will not display a 5th row of text.
  • Characters field text can extend beyond the box borders for similar reasons.
  • A few items in the Options Menu have a small display box which causes text to be cut off: "Difficul" instead of "Difficulty" (These are textures. Cannot be helped...) Fixed.

Possible Issues:

If the game has trouble wiping the screen and locating the next texture to load, it prompts an error message on the screen. It tells you what texture file is giving issues as well. You are able to press start to continue(for repeated error messages), and eventually you see the "Skip Scene" box in the background. Pressing Start and "O" in proper timing can skip the sequence and continue the game. This has happened during asset testing a few times when changing things improperly. AFAIK, these have been resolved, but I have not fully tested every detail.

If anyone is familiar changing font sizes, the majority of cosmetic issues could be resolved.

Off-Screen images from actual console play test.

CMcy9rH.png

NQLkPEX.png

Igzkp8q.png

Last edited by RebootRevival,

RebootRevival

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account just to tell you thank you and I'm looking forward to this!

is the release soon ?
UPDATE: I got hit hard with work shortly after this post. I haven't been able to fully play test the game yet, but I am confident it is 95-98% complete. There is likely a few minor misses still and this past week I have found 1 texture that I updated but somehow didn't get into the game. I will try to have a Patch added to the original post by the end of the week.

RebootRevival

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to delay the patch release. This game uses a Cripack file to house ALL the game content and another to house all the videos. When I went to replace the 1 missing texture, the whole thing corrupted. I rebuilt it all (there are 500 files that need to be manually replaced, takes about an hour) and the cripack program is not rebuilding it properly. I'm not sure what the deal is.

RebootRevival

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Update: CriPack Browser 6.7 is broken. I'm not sure how I managed to correct the hex data of the old files when I was doing this in the summer. I knew back then that the tool would do some odd things to the data when repacking but none of my attempts has succeeded so far. And I dont think it was breaking in the same way it is now.

I have also been using CriPackTools GUI to look at the files a bit more in depth and I am seeing some consistent issues with header corruption. The GUI tool is at least open source and has the same compression implemented so I am going to work on debugging the patching in the tool and make some adjustments.

Reactions: SkullHex2
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I have used this seasoning on all kinds of stuff, when combined with garlic it's great for...