OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
uid_13b8965a7fd.900.0.jpg

We only know you need to treat the Wii U differently then those consoles because of a very different and in our view more accessible architecture. There is a lot power to unleash in the Wii U. Enough power for many years to come, at least from our point of view.

We know many people see us as Wii U experts. That is because we got a lot of technical praise for Nano Assault Neo but it’s not well deserved. Only very tiny bits of Nano Assault Neo took advantage of the Wii U architecture. We had the game from start in 720p at 60fps. We drew the complete game world twice for TV and GamePad. We had tons of overlays, special effects and even camera streaming and still had no GPU or CPU problems. So we simply had no reason to dig deep into the architecture. We didn’t expected to be seen as the spearhead of Wii U graphics as it undeserved, when looking at what the Wii U can truly achieve.

For something so graphical, it's very promising that they really didn't take advantage of the hardware to pull it off. They're basically saying NAN was a warm-up. I look forward to what they have in store in years to come.

:arrow: Source

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, when I bought Nano Assault Neo on the WiiU I was so blown away. Me and my friend absolutely love the game.

One thing I'm curious about though is if the WiiU is actually capable of doing 1080p for games. But still, I would love to see more games by Shin'en for the WiiU, maybe a sequel to Nano Assault with more levels and features.

Reactions: tronic307

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, when I bought Nano Assault Neo on the WiiU I was so blown away. Me and my friend absolutely love the game.

One thing I'm curious about though is if the WiiU is actually capable of doing 1080p for games. But still, I would love to see more games by Shin'en for the WiiU, maybe a sequel to Nano Assault with more levels and features.

Side note, do you know if the one for 3DS is good?

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U's problem was never the hardware, but how profitable games would be when ported over/released as multi-platform. For one reason or another, EA has animosity but no one knows why. The machine is capable, more so than we ever imagined, Frostbite 3 could be ported over, so could Unreal 4. Perhaps not perfectly intact, but it could be done.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cool ..some positiveness for a change

that "it has accessible architecture vs. its not as accessible as the others" talk seems to come and go often.. ...don't know how muck of a problem it could be for real to developers.. ..I guess that's not a big thing when they don't consider the WiiU though..

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Knowing what Shin'en managed to do on the Wii (FAST Racing League), I'm certain they are not bluffing. Now just make some more Wii U games to prove it and we're done here. Hopefully, another FAST, or F-Zero if you're at it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Before any angry arguments begin, let's keep clear that graphics prowess, or lack of graphics power, isn't the main reason why Wii U is not selling.
It's one of the reasons companies aren't developing as many games for it*, and people aren't buying due to the lack of games.

* - Difficulty is sorta' another reason, apparently.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's worth nothing coming from them because they're not a company with any integral heft. They're a Nintendo only developer and their catalogue of games doesn't include anything that marks them out as a company who'll be responsible for any real system sellers or games that'll appeal to a huge audience.

Good on them for sticking up for their "führer" but without some kind of pedigree backing their claims (not in the sense they're able to use the Wii U's power but in the sense they'll make something worthwhile with it) it means nothing.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
One thing I'm curious about though is if the WiiU is actually capable of doing 1080p for games.
Several titles use native 1080p on the Wii U, such as Batman, Assassin's Creed 3, and MH3U (they use the same structures from Tri though, so it's still blocky).

Reactions: Rydian

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Based on the above this doesn't really count as news either...not when most people would have to Google Shin'en to have any idea who they are.

D

Deleted_171835

More from the interview...

“The Wii U GPU is several generations ahead of the current gen. It allows many things that were not possible on consoles before. If you develop for Wii U you have to take advantage of these possibilities, otherwise your performance is of course limited. Also your engine layout needs to be different. You need to take advantage of the large shared memory of the Wii U, the huge and very fast EDRAM section and the big CPU caches in the cores. Especially the workings of the CPU caches are very important to master. Otherwise you can lose a magnitude of power for cache relevant parts of your code. In the end the Wii U specs fit perfectly together and make a very efficient console when used right.”

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)