Shin Megami Tensei V 60 FPS & Graphics Mods

antonyfirst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to be sure, should I put the folder SMTV-DisableDynRes folder inside exefs_patches, or move the file inside that folder to some other place?
Which file points to SMTV-DisableDynRes path?

Thanks!

Niko_of_Death

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shin Megami Tensei - Graphic mod v2.0
(USA) TID: 010063B012DC6000 | v1.0.2

-Increased draw distance (handheld/docked)
-Increased foliage LOD (handheld/docked)
-Anisotropy x2 (handheld/docked)
-Fixed resolution at 720p (handheld/docked)
-Framerate locked at 29fps (handheld/docked)
-Increased shadow quality (handheld/docked)
-Proper resolution configs
-High Definition UI! (handheld 720p / docked 1080p)

This mod is bundled with @masagrator DynRes disabler modification, DON'T USE masagrator one if you want 1080p UI in docked.

Only works with v1.0.2
What cvars did you change for the UI?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

This mod is bundled with @masagrator DynRes disabler modification, DON'T USE masagrator one if you want 1080p UI in docked.

Only works with v1.0.2
Welp, time to download the new update then. Does it work with the EUR version too?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Aren't those just the default settings?
Yeah, previously I was using masagrator ips patch that disabled dynamic resolution and screen percentage, because of that I had to set setres at 720p, now I did my own ips patch that only disable dynamic resolution, so I can use 1080p backbuffer with 720p game rendering.

Last edited by cucholix,

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

• There's an issue with handheld mode where it will display at lower than 720p resolution when loading a new area and during cutscenes, use reversenx-rt in docked mode instead!
  • Added EUR version.
  • Only works with v1.0.2
So if I don't care about UI Resolution and don't want to deal with reversenx I should just use Masagrator's mod instead, right?

YasuoZheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct, and some areas (fairy village) after re-loading, that's why I recommended use reversenx docked instead :P
I tried reversenx docked mode and for some reasons the GPU defaults back to 460Mhz whenever I used it handheld mode but works fine on dock, what is the issue here?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tried reversenx docked mode and for some reasons the GPU defaults back to 460Mhz whenever I used it handheld mode but works fine on dock, what is the issue here?
This can be interpreted in many ways, you know?
If you are in docked mode and after using ReverseNX to change to handheld mode GPU clocks are back to 460 MHz - this is because you are using Switch OC Suite and they changed how ReverseNX is working.
If you are in handheld mode and after using ReverseNX to change to docked mode GPU clocks are not changing to 768 MHz - this is because ReverseNX and game won't change clocks. You must do it in sys-clk.

So it's not an issue. Just inexperienced user experience. :V

YasuoZheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can be interpreted in many ways, you know?
If you are in docked mode and after using ReverseNX to change to handheld mode GPU clocks are back to 460 MHz - this is because you are using Switch OC Suite and they changed how ReverseNX is working.
If you are in handheld mode and after using ReverseNX to change to docked mode GPU clocks are not changing to 768 MHz - this is because ReverseNX and game won't change clocks. You must do it in sys-clk.

So it's not an issue. Just inexperienced user experience. :V

I'm inexperienced but I'm getting this issue in bold. I have already changed the clocks on sys-clk and the information I get on overlay is 460mhz on handheld/docked mode, despite changing the mode to Docked.

For what it's worth, it's working fine before 1.02 and suddenly after this it's only consistent 460mhz on handheld despite fiddling with all the available settings.

Last edited by YasuoZheng,

YasuoZheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

(EUR) TID: 0100B870126CE000 | v1.0.2

• There's an issue with handheld mode where it will display at lower than 720p resolution when loading a new area and during cutscenes, use reversenx-rt in docked mode instead!
  • Added EUR version.
  • Only works with v1.0.2
Can I confirm if this mod only works in docked only?

I have massive lag while playing handheld (even with all the sysclk settings in place) because the GPU remains at 460mhz and couldn't boost past the sysclk limits in handheld, even overwriting it in sysclk settings does nothing.

Attached to the dock, it can boost to 768 and beyond.

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you so much for your work!

With the explanation of making my own exefs_patches can I be able to create a patch for every game ( like gta san andreas sa for example)?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you so much for your work!

With the explanation of making my own exefs_patches can I be able to create a patch for every game ( like gta san andreas sa for example)?
With this pack it should be possible to make native res patches for every UE4 game. But it will work only if game is using ue4 dedicated functions for that.
Pack will throw error if you will try to use it on different engine.

Reactions: cobjak

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With this pack it should be possible to make native res patches for every UE4 game. But it will work only if game is using ue4 dedicated functions for that.
Pack will throw error if you will try to use it on different engine.
Thanks for answer

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
How do you use the disableDynRes and 60fps mods in Yuzu? Right click SMT5 in the Yuzu menu and go to "Open mod folder" then create a new folder (I named mine "FPS and Resolution fix") and drop the exefs and romfs folders into it. Then right click SMT5 again and click "Properties", it'll open a menu that will show your new folder name with a check box next to it. Check it to enable the mod when the game loads, uncheck it if you ever want to disable it.
Hi. Thanks for mentioning this. I wasn't sure if I was doing it well myself, so I came to check this thread in case anyone wrote notes.

So, let me double check. If I'm still playing on v1.0.1 and I want to use the mod that fixes the dynamic resolution's frame time target, I just make a folder with whatever name I want in user\load\010063B012DC6000, and inside that folder I just drop the romfs folder, yes?
So in my case, the final destination of the .pak file that is the mod would be E:\Lunos\Emulation\Emulators\Switch\Yuzu\user\load\010063B012DC6000\DynaResFix\romfs\Project\Content\Paks, does that look correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte