Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: .Darky

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This mod really works? Tested on Switch and it's not true 1080p. It has the same issues like everybody trying to do that using only configs. And 60 FPS one (only) is broken as it didn't fix DR timings and frameslack, so it artificially requires more power to achieve the same result as my 60 FPS mod.
I use the mod on Ryujinx perfectly and it does what it says on the tin with no issues. Even removes the motion blur. Haven't tried it on real hardware; I've been using your 60fps mod on my actual console.

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
wow seems like a lot is going on and I'm a bit confused truth be told. If I play on Switch, mainly docked(I undertand you can force the console to swap modes even if it is docked to deliver handheld performance, in this case it is considered as charging with original charger?), what would be the best configuration I should aim for to get the best out of this? I see the OP has 3 different configurations and people is passing around some others. Currently I have been playing the vanilla experience and what I see is that models take a while to properly be displayed, would this help on that too? I'm currently at the second da'at map before the fairy village and the redlight DOF effect is killing me.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
@Lehner82 @.Darky can you test if the 1369x770 one still gives issues in the final area?
I just finished the 2nd area, couldn't really tell you. I did notice some very small drops while traversing the Fairy Village, but considering the amount of trees and NPCs that's to be expected I guess. I'm still taking my time with the game, so we depend on @Lehner82 for this one.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've reached da'at 2 and now I'm convinced that the game can't handle resolutions over 720p without affecting framerate, so I setted for a 720p with fixed resolution. It also allowed me add anisotropy x4 and increase shadows resolution.

Original anisotropy x1
aniso1.jpg

Mod with anisotropy x4
aniso4.jpg

Shadow quality improved
shadow_increase.jpg

Vegetation and grass density were decreased a bit from original, foliage doesn't pop-up at distance (unlike the original), draw distance was kept at 2.0, fps was locked at 29 (original was 40) it makes the game looks more fluid and allow to play with graphic improvements without major bumps-drops in framerate.

Use with dynamic resolution disabler, and max CPU/GPU/RAM OC
Both handheld/docked share the same settings.

Attachments

• SMTV_graphic_mod_1.0.rar
    15.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by cucholix,

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks. Just arrived to the 3rd area with the previous mod and can notice some noticeable drops this time. Will give this new one a try.

@cucholix, tried the new mod. There's slight fps drops in the 3rd area, both in portable and docked. During battles too. It's more noticeable while playing undocked though. It was my first time playing that way, didn't really expect the game to look that good on the Switch screen.

Last edited by .Darky,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks. Just arrived to the 3rd area with the previous mod and can notice some noticeable drops this time. Will give this new one a try.

@cucholix, tried the new mod. There's slight fps drops in the 3rd area, both in portable and docked. During battles too. It's more noticeable while playing undocked though. It was my first time playing that way, didn't really expect the game to look that good on the Switch screen.
I also noticed the performance was slightly worse in handheld, not sure why, it has the exact same settings as docked, I even tried with reversenx playing docked mode in handheld and the performance difference still there.

So far haven’t experienced severe frame drops, need to test the third area, couldn’t advance as fast because my free time is limited. I guess we can gain some performance reducing anisotropy to x2.

Attached a mod with aniso x2, both handheld/docked

Attachments

• aniso_x2.rar
    15.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by cucholix,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What is the "Dynamic Resolution Disabler" you mention? I tried googling around and found only game specific mods in a Yuzu site etc. I am interested a little bit in the mod, all I really want is to adjust the culling distance so the popup would not be continuously jarring me I can really handle everything else as it is in the game, frame drops and all, been playing console games and pentium 4 games on pentium 3 long enough to take variable 20-40 fps as "playable, not ideal nor good but playable".

I also assumer reverseNX is one of better/best tools for OC?

EDIT:
Scratch that I checked the OP post again from this page and was reminded of the patcher for the dynamic resolution.

EDIT part deux:
Decided to just be a madlad living on the edge and see what happens with just the aniso_x2 pack without overclocking or resolution disablers . The resolution fidelity hit can be seen but that is also kinda given. Otherwise the culling is much better and fairy village does not work bad at all, even if I ignored two of the advised ingredients to the recipe. if anyone else is interested I can try to give better gameplay description of this approarch to those who are interested. Real hardware newest, or probably second newest Atmosphere.

Last edited by Sumea,
Reactions: sorabora

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
EDIT part deux:
Decided to just be a madlad living on the edge and see what happens with just the aniso_x2 pack without overclocking or resolution disablers . The resolution fidelity hit can be seen but that is also kinda given. Otherwise the culling is much better and fairy village does not work bad at all, even if I ignored two of the advised ingredients to the recipe. if anyone else is interested I can try to give better gameplay description of this approarch to those who are interested. Real hardware newest, or probably second newest Atmosphere.
My mod was created with dynamic resolution disabler in mind, as it set the resolution at 720p with a 720p backbuffer, that means that UI will render at 720p too instead 1080p (like the original). It's the only drawback for having fixed resolution, dynamic resolution parameters are not enabled in the config, so moding is kinda limited in that regard.

You would need to create a diffrent mod to use without dynamic resolution disabler, with resolution at 1080p, and then add the shadows, draw distance, aniso, foliage improvements, that way the game will render at 720p with the UI at 1080p.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My mod was created with dynamic resolution disabler in mind, as it set the resolution at 720p with a 720p backbuffer, that means that UI will render at 720p too instead 1080p (like the original). It's the only drawback for having fixed resolution, dynamic resolution parameters are not enabled in the config, so moding is kinda limited in that regard.

You would need to create a diffrent mod to use without dynamic resolution disabler, with resolution at 1080p, and then add the shadows, draw distance, aniso, foliage improvements, that way the game will render at 720p with the UI at 1080p.
Well, given I did not use it, it pretty much is doing that as is. It seems without using DRdisabler, the game is running at low 3D resolution, possibly lower than 720p (at times?) because of DynRes still existing, but UI is 1080p, the graphical effects are better, at least culling etc. Which, as said, is the only thing bothering me in the base game.

And yes, I can understand what the mod was made for I was just feeling lazy and adventurous, since at worst especially without overclocking the game would crash, and 2nd worst would be very low resolutions or such.

I kinda like chunkier pixels for the sand shimmer effect. Kinda.

iChris4

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, Is it possible to have a native 4k max settings mod for emulators ?

I was trying to make one myself, but when repacking with UnrealPakSwitch I encounter the following error :
=== Critical error: ===
Unable to create backend graph using the default graph settings (DerivedDataBackendGraph)

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello everyone, Is it possible to have a native 4k max settings mod for emulators ?

I was trying to make one myself, but when repacking with UnrealPakSwitch I encounter the following error :
Unable to create backend graph using the default graph settings (DerivedDataBackendGraph)
The kind of GPU you would need for that would be absolutely insane. The locked 1080p + LOD + Draw Distance mod puts 98% utilization on an RTX 3070 in my experience. Unless you have a 3080Ti or a 3090, don't even bother. Even then, you would get frame drops.

I use a Ryzen 3900X and all of my bottlenecks are on the GPU for this game, which is unheard of for emulation. I have never had that happen before, except when running wild 8x upscales in, like, Dolphin.

iChris4

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The kind of GPU you would need for that would be absolutely insane. The locked 1080p + LOD + Draw Distance mod puts 98% utilization on an RTX 3070 in my experience. Unless you have a 3080Ti or a 3090, don't even bother. Even then, you would get frame drops.

I use a Ryzen 3900X and all of my bottlenecks are on the GPU for this game, which is unheard of for emulation. I have never had that happen before, except when running wild 8x upscales in, like, Dolphin.
Don't worry, I have a spare computer from NASA

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

You need to unpack your own file, it needs a file that's not distributed with mods

MandrasX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want fixed 1080p and nothing else in ryujinx (or yuzu)... you take the disabling dynamic res patch from the first post (under Spoiler: patches made by the community) and put it in the mods folder like so:

MOD_NAME/exefs/A7643F3B7D8EE906BDFE18C3DDBA42A300000000000000000000000000000000.ips

In the emulator graphics settings, use a custom resolution scale of 1.25 (based on the max docked resolution of 1536x864p x 1.25 = 1920x1080p)

Not needed; the game resolution with the dynamic resolution switching disabled is already 1080p. Thank you masagrator for pointing this out.

Last edited by MandrasX,
Reactions: HelloNintendo

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
this says pc/switch, can only be used on pc, or also switch? (damn from reading some comments here it seems its usable on switch itself? thats some mad sh1t man...! also takes effect in handheld mode??)
on pc this plays like horsesh1t for me sadly despite good gtx 1650/16gram etc

edit: im literally gettin a switch again to play this game stable'ish :/ sad that theres no pc release, wouldve bought day1

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself