Shin Megami Tensei V 60 FPS & Graphics Mods

stgpepper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean. I specifically noted that it would be for Yuzu, which is entirely possible to do. There are 21:9 mods for Animal Crossing and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
sorry, I dont know a ton about yuzo so i assumed it was something already possible in settings. Dont see why not then

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
sorry, I dont know a ton about yuzo so i assumed it was something already possible in settings. Dont see why not then
It needs a game specific code or else the window just gets stretched and it looks ugly. That's why I asked initially. If the dynamic resolution can be replaced with a static setting, it might be possible to get it to render at, say, 2560x1080. Especially since the game is in Unreal Engine which usually does pretty good with dynamic resolution ratios.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what's causing this, but I've started to have the game soft-hang in battles after a move. It's not frozen (characters still have their idle animation), but it hangs. Started after I applied the mod and happens in / around the shipping dock in the 2nd zone.
I have a second person reporting this. Anyone else here have this happen to them?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Added package that allows to make exefs patch disabling dynamic resolution and sets resolution to native one.
So 720p locked in handheld and 1080p locked in docked.

I'm not attaching ready file because I would need to make for each release of game and update it with each game's update. And I'm too lazy for that.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Added package that allows to make exefs patch disabling dynamic resolution and sets resolution to native one.

I'm not attaching ready file because I would need to make for each release of game and update it with each game's update. And I'm too lazy for that.
Is it possible to modify the script for arbitrary resolutions (e.g., different aspect ratios for Yuzu)? Or does it simply disable the scaling the game does?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it possible to modify the script for arbitrary resolutions (e.g., different aspect ratios for Yuzu)? Or does it simply disable the scaling the game does?
Simply disables scaling. This is because game when disabling dynamic resolution is setting rendering resolution to 2/3 of native res, so I needed to disable it too.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

thatguyoverthere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dude, you're amazing, no doubt, but i have zero idea on how to do that, phyton sounds like an ancient alien hieroglyphs language to me.
guess i'll do a research on that

thanks so much, your work is so appreciated

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
dude, you're amazing, no doubt, but i have zero idea on how to do that, phyton sounds like an ancient alien hieroglyphs language to me.
guess i'll do a research on that

thanks so much, your work is so appreciated
Just download the newest version, run it, when asked about installation folder check "add to PATH" or something like that, install it and you are good to go.

I'm using Python pretty often, so it may be helpful to have it in future.

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Uploaded new version of 60 FPS mod. According to tester it fixed issues with softlocking and for some reason performance is now better.

Difference is that in old version I have disabled r.Vsync, in new one instead of disabling it I have changed rhi.syncinterval to 1 + reduced rhi.SyncSlackMS from 20 to 0. This reduces input lag, but may increase noticeable frameskips.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Stellar

thatguyoverthere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just download the newest version, run it, when asked about installation folder check "add to PATH" or something like that, install it and you are good to go.

I'm using Python pretty often, so it may be helpful to have it in future.
i made it! WOW for base game ID: 010063B012DC6000 ver. 1.0.0

thatguyoverthere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damm, forgot to attach the file and screenshots.

Handheld mode:

8lTJ8Ot.jpg
Gz8enXB.jpg
9TqYExk.jpg

Attachments

• SMTV-DisableDynRes.zip
    481 bytes · Views: 146
Last edited by thatguyoverthere,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users