ROM Hack Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Chun_sen

Trophies
XP
Country
3 Hours into the game, no problems so far regarding saving or anything else.

Using the r4igold
laugh.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only real nag with the game is the trial and error of the negotiating parts. A lot of it is luck based. Still, it's great. Lots of demons, lots of depth, side missions, upgrades, and nicely spaced out random battles.

It's a pretty ugly game though, I won't lie. The 2-D stuff like characters and the 2-D backdrops are nice, but the 3-D is quite bad. The cutscenes are rather good though.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work on the regular r4? i know everyone is gonna tell me to go buy something else but i always find a way to get the game to work in the end with my old r4.

i am gonna wait until 3ds is out until i buy anything because it might not be compatible.

Clamper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the japanese Strange Journey had the same problem with saving, but if you patched the game it'd work fine. Maybe someone will find out how to patch this one, too.

Lets just be patient and wait.

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Clamper said:
Well the japanese Strange Journey had the same problem with saving, but if you patched the game it'd work fine. Maybe someone will find out how to patch this one, too.

Lets just be patient and wait.

no one helps R4 users on its free will... offer a bounty or mail a good romhacker

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Lazy727 said:
Does it work on the regular r4? i know everyone is gonna tell me to go buy something else but i always find a way to get the game to work in the end with my old r4.

i am gonna wait until 3ds is out until i buy anything because it might not be compatible.

of course... r4 and DSTT users might get something in return
how long ? we would never know
tongue.gif

i want a 3DS too
tongue.gif

skwipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well it doesnt work on no$gba either, and since i only got freeware version, i cannot copy the codes up here

Twinviper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a M3 Simply DS (running R4 + YSMenu) and the game works but doesn't save for me... i am in no way a romhacker, ive just picked up a few go arounds since having my M3 Simply.

There appears to be 2 problems with the rom. 1. AP preventing saving and 2. reports that random encounters are not as frequent if game saves ok....

I have tried the jap fix (pasting the 2 lines of code into the rom) on the usa version but no joy. But what if its possible to copy out the usa language into the Jap rom??? just an idea...not sure if its doable...

I have tried arm7 patching a couple of times with varying results.....

Arm7 patching with Pokemon Soulsilver = Blackscreen no load
Arm7 patching with Infinite Space = Loads but wont save
Arm7 patching with slightly older roms = Varying results but for those that do load they wont save..

So i have tried the ways that i know so guess ill have to wait till we either get a rom fix or until i buy my acekard 2i next week and let that sort out the ap problems.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the only way is to pull a HG and make it J to U. i doubt this will happen but it's not like this is a must have game anyway. ill survive.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Lazy727 said:
i think the only way is to pull a HG and make it J to U. i doubt this will happen but it's not like this is a must have game anyway. ill survive.

thats what people are doing

extract the files from U and patch it to J
smile.gif

google or maybe using the search function from the forum will help
tongue.gif

Chaotik

Trophies
XP
Country
For those using M3 ( Real, Simply, etc ), update to the latest FW and BE SURE to delete the old SMTSJ .sav file, or else the game won't load.
Also, the game WILL crash in the first cut-scene but it can be easily bypassed by pressing START.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.