Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
...Because I know I'm not the only one wetting my pants for this.

Srsly, this forum needs moar SMT.
...So, discuss! What do you expect from this game?

Sebbel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I absolutely love ATLUS and the games they are producing. Devil Survivor was one of the best games in aspect of atmosphere for me, so i wait for Strange Journey, too. Also because of the System, which is like the games of Etrian Oddysey, which were very great, too.
I didn't play former SMT Titles or the Persona ones, but Shin Megami Tensei totally got me, too bad I don't have a PS2 to play the other games : /

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I loved Devil Survivor
gbasp.gif
I spent so many hours leveling and fusing monsters so I can't wait for more SMT DS goodness.

If you have a powerful PC you can use the emulator PCSX2 to play the PS2 SMT games ( I love Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner
yay.gif
).

You can also watch 40 mins of gameplay from the US version here:
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-shin-m...ourney/17-2204/
I didn't watch, I don't want to be spoiled.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Rockstar said:
elixirdream said:
hahahaha...
my impression of the shin megami is always being a difficult RPG
+1 Its pretty hard
tongue.gif

my definition of hard is because of the dungeon structure...
and
those devils never look friendly
tongue.gif

hahahahahaha

i can't wait for the game
then i will spam lots of fusion
tongue.gif

darkevia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Devil Survivor is one of my all-time favourite games! It was just so awesome. I even recently started Etrian Odyssey II just to check out the dungeon-crawl system, and I'm loving it!

Can't wait till Strange Journey releases
biggrin.gif

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
My first one was Persona 4, never finished it but the game was awesome. I consider devil survivor as one of the best games ive ever played. the story was great, is like a pokemon from hell! lol

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna start it and play alongside Resonance of Fate on the 360 :].

My first SMTs were Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 in 2005. Played Nocturne after that twice and that ended up being my favorite RPG of all time. Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha etc. wasn't all that great to me but I beat it anyway since it was an SMT game xD. The only ones I never finished on PS2 were Persona 4 and Devil Summoner 2 because they came out after I got my 360 and HDTV and the PS2 looks spectacularly awful on my TV (although my PC's capable of emulating PS2 and I just got a wired 360 controller so I'll look into that now).

Also noting that I loved both Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2 so I'm sure I'll enjoy this game.

Edit: As for what I expect, honestly, just Etrian Odyssey with an SMT skin on it. I don't know anything about the game and haven't looked for any info because I just wanna be surprised.

albel005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
Huh? It's like Etrian Odissey? Aw, crap. I thought it will be good.
frown.gif

Yea this one looks weird to me becuase of the first person dugeon crawler view but i will still try it out

Rev Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Really looking forward to this, in fact if there is AP and I can't play I will drive to the store and buy it, I should anyways actually.

As far as expectations...I really enjoyed Devil Survivors, the story, the characters, the battles, for a handheld SMT I found it nearly perfect. With Strange Journey, I'd like to see more dungeon crawling or overhead map journeying or both return. This would make it more like DDS or Nocturne (my favorite) and not sure they can do it for handheld or would. Even if they don't (DS had neither) I'll still enjoy it if the battles and demon fusion and story and memorable characters are all there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.