Gaming Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CyrusBlue said:
Devil Survivor isn't apart of the SMT series.
They just slapped Shin Megami Tensei on it to market it in the west.

Look it up.

But that's retarded, I could understand if it had nothing at all to do with it, but Devil Survivor has more than enough spirit of SMT to fit in with the series.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually a bunch of "Side Stories" like Persona, Devil Summoner and Survivor, Digital Devil Saga are sold as SMT in the west but not in Japan. They pretty much all have a strong SMT influence so its not misleading per se they just aren't set in the same world so yeah.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
neveras said:
CyrusBlue said:

Look it up.

But that's retarded, I could understand if it had nothing at all to do with it, but Devil Survivor has more than enough spirit of SMT to fit in with the series.

The only thing Devil Survivor shares with SMT are the demons. It could be apart of the SMT series but it's not.

Four

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neveras said:
CyrusBlue said:

Look it up.

It's not part of the Shin Megami Tensei series. Saying Devil Survivor is a "Shin Megami Tensei game" is like saying a SaGa game is a "Final Fantasy game" because one of the games was released under the Final Fantasy banner at one point in America. Technically, none of the games Atlus USA has released under the Shin Megami Tensei banner, with the exception of Nocturne and Strange Journey, have been Shin Megami Tensei games. They're part of the Megami Tensei franchise, but they are not Shin Megami Tensei games, which is its own series and actually consists only of Shin Megami Tensei 1, 2, 3, if..., and Strange Journey. The first Devil Summoner game was released as "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner" in Japan, but Devil Summoner became its own series so they dropped that in future releases.

In Japan, Devil Survivor was released, oddly enough, under the Megami Ibunroku banner, which was, incidentally, what the first Persona game was prefixed with in Japan.

If Atlus USA had prefixed the games they released with "Megami Tensei", that would make sense, but "Shin Megami Tensei" is absurd. Megami Tensei is the franchise, Shin Megami Tensei is the series of five games, nothing else.

syncognition

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:

Look it up.

Not quite. It is a spinoff game, so it is not part of the main series. It is, however, as much a part of the Megami Tensei franchise as Devil Summoner, Avatar Tuner, or Persona. It uses the moniker "Megami Ibunroku," which translates to "Alternate Tale of the Goddess." This places the game in the franchise as an alternate take on the standard "Shin Megami Tensei" (True Goddess Reincarnation) story (in a similar way to the relationship between Shin Megami Tensei If... and Megami Ibunroku Persona).

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
isabelyes said:
Oh. I'm sorry dude, I really didn't know.

On a differrent note: It also seems to work on Edge 1.9

Could anyone confirm this?

EDIT: I'm gonna try the Japanese AP Fix.
EDIT 2: Never mind, the link's removed and all.

It supposedly works on Cyclods, Firmware 1.58 Stable.
Yes I can confirm that it works on the EDGE 1.9 been playing it for 2 hours. So far it saves and loads.

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tenkai said:
does anyone know if the clone r4sdhc works??

Nope, on just R4SDHC the game freezes. If you're using YSmenu saving doesn't work and there are no random battles so you get killed off at the first boss battle. I spent about half and hour playing and am blown away by this game. I hope there is a solution soon.

darkevia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TheCypher said:
has anyone tried R4i-sdhc?
Yeap, tried it on mine. Works fine except for saving. Shows that save file, but when you try to load it, it states it as corrupted then deletes it; which I guess is the common problem for most cards.

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
New version of AKAIO is out.

http://www.normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=359&f=8

SMT SJ confirmed working on AceKard 2i.

And yes, this is the third time I'm spamming this info
tongue.gif

Babajela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I only know about M3 Real: with the today's update the game will load and save no problem. It locks up on the intro movie, though, but if you skip it by pressing START, the rest will load normally. I managed to get through the briefing in the game and successfully saved the position. Haven't yet tried going into combat, so don't know. Will report when I do.

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
Babajela said:
I only know about M3 Real: with the today's update the game will load and save no problem. It locks up on the intro movie, though, but if you skip it by pressing START, the rest will load normally. I managed to get through the briefing in the game and successfully saved the position. Haven't yet tried going into combat, so don't know. Will report when I do.

Is the m3 real the m3i zero?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche