D

Deleted_171835

OP
Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV.jpg

Developer: Atlus
Price: $49.99

Release Date:
North America: 07/16/2013
Europe: 2013? No worries, you can just import it. o wait.

Pre-order bonus:

kixYbm9.jpg

- 176 pg. strategy/art book
- SMT music collection CD
- "Deluxe" slipcase

Reviews:
Screenshots:

eDGL7Vm.png
uoDuGU2.png

smtiv-10.jpg
smtiv1.jpg

Club Nintendo deal:

gUKjoi8.jpg

Reactions: KingVamp

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, it is more than normal retail but you're getting quite a bit for the ten extra bucks, and if you have Fire Emblem(which I do) or are planning to get it, the eShop credit is a very nice perk. So far reviews are very positive, getting a 86 on Metacritic out of 17 reviews as of this post. I will say if you're jumping on from the Persona series, this is a very different style of game from that series.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So excited.

Sucks that the design/strategy book only covers about 30% of the game. I was under the impression that it would be a proper walkthrough. Not that I'd use it and suck out the fun of exploration which is a big part of the game, but still.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting antsy... If I'm actually getting my release-day delivery, Amazon should be shipping it no later than today, right? But my order's still pending... I preordered pretty much the day the game went up on Amazon, well before the preorder bonuses were even announced.

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for the Club Nintendo deal, I pay $90 for two games and get an extra $30 in eShop credit? No thank you.

Is this game any good any good anyway?

A good deal of people already own Fire Emblem, what with it selling out of preorders and being backordered everywhere for the first week or two after release, so the main goal for a lot of people is really $30 back on $50.

Both games are generally perceived as good, although it really depends on your tastes. SMT IV is a fairly challenging (compared to most others these days, anyways) turn-based RPG and from prerelease reviews holds an 86 score on Metacritic. Fire Emblem is a strategy RPG, and currently holds the third-highest Metacritic score of the year, right behind The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or the other option, (if you were getting the games anyway) you can pay $90 for two games and get NOTHING. The promotion isn't a bad deal no matter how you look at it. :P You're getting something for free, when you usually get nothing but the games you are paying for. Don't buy the games for the sake of the promotion...

Anyway, I really hope we get to kill/fight YHVH again. I heard about a DLC that may involve him in some way. edit: He may just be the client, and not the goal, though.)

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if this game updates to firmware beyond 4.5 to play it? (not buying it electronically since the shop probably demands an update to use)

I want to legit buy it but have considered getting the gateway for other games. Is there a better place to ask?

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game's not out yet, so it's impossible to tell. Considering that 5.0 came out months before even the Japanese release I'd bet on it being above 4.5, but unless someone interested grabbed an early copy we won't know for another day or two.

Reactions: hhs

hhs

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright well it's out now, if anyone has it can they test to see if it can run on 4.5? Or if it demands an update first. (time zone error)

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the game.

Strategy & Design book.
Artwork is 12 pages.
Walkthrough is about 97 pages
Chart guides/ Item Drop guides/Challenges & quest list/ demon locations / fusion guide is about 43 pages.
Manual is about 7 pages. There is no manual in the game case.

Box
It's a double-side box as in the the front of the box has the same design on the back. At first you think the back design is different but it's just paper being held by one of those removable glues.

Can't comment on the game itself since I do not own a 3DS. D:

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon hasn't shipped mine yet, but it's "soon".
Spoiled myself with a 60-minute video on youtube. So many SMT 1 vibes.
The meeting law/chaos heroes in dreams,

hhs

Trophies
XP
Country
Did end up getting the game after all! Still in the training quests but loving it!
So what firmware are you on and did it ask to update to anything? Want to decide whether or not to buy it if it wrecks flash cart-ability.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what firmware are you on and did it ask to update to anything? Want to decide whether or not to buy it if it wrecks flash cart-ability.

Sorry I was already on the latest, but I'll assume 5.1 by this point (But 4.5 is a real possibility since ACNL was on it and it launch only a month ago)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night