• Replies 104
  • Likes 1

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends, were you enjoying every minute of that time, or were you dying repeatedly against Minotaur/Medusa? x)
This game gives you a ton of play time. Don't feel bad about hours. :)

edit: I'm level 58, and about 25 hours in. But I've played every SMT so I'm used to the flow of things...

I'd say a good 2 1/2 hours were dedicated to constantly dying to some boss. The normal combat & story are quite enjoyable, so I'll keep playing. The balance sometimes just feels SO off. But this is my first SMT game, so it might take getting used to. Also, I take it the levels start getting easier to get later... I'm only at level 15.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say a good 2 1/2 hours were dedicated to constantly dying to some boss. The normal combat & story are quite enjoyable, so I'll keep playing. The balance sometimes just feels SO off. But this is my first SMT game, so it might take getting used to. Also, I take it the levels start getting easier to get later... I'm only at level 15.
Way easier. There's an app for MP regeneration while walking (mc or the entire party if you get the upgrade too) and an app called pinpoint that is like auto, but it uses your attacks that are weak against the enemies. Now most random encounters are just press L to win. Doesn't work on bosses though, as you have to have already beaten an enemy to find its weakness. I'd say the first 20-30 levels are the riskiest, then it gets easy until endgame (probably)

Oh and as for gaining levels, where I'm at now I need about 120k experience to level up, and i get like 5 to 15 k in each battle. Story missions give amazing amounts too, like 114k. App points become plentiful even if you don't buy the DLC. :) I'm most likelt underleveled as hell, which is why I get so much, and i'm fighting 60-68 random encounters, but i have a magic nuke character so i don't feel it. 1 hit KOs.

Reactions: TyBlood13
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Finished the game: Law path, 39 hrs. Absolutely loved the game, probably the best 3DS game so far.

+ Loved the music.
+ Visuals were nice, lots of detail in the environments. Was particularly impressed by
Lucifer's castle
+ First time playing an SMT game so it took me a short while to get to terms with the battle system. Once I finally understood it though, it worked really well. Haven't seen the press-turn system used before and it works quite well here.
+ Enjoyed the story, even if some of the characters had no real personality (I'm looking at you Isabeau)
- Tokyo map fucking sucks. There's a touch-screen, at least use it so you know where you're headed.
- dat difficulty curve. Ended up switching to easy difficulty after struggling for hours at the Minotaur.

Guess I'll tackle the Chaos path and then Neutral sometime later.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question, but it's spoilers up to the path split
I just arrived at the forest where I need to fight the White Ones. The first one I found calls me the neutral one, that means I'm on neutral path I'm assuming? And I'm locked into it at this point? I was trying for chaos first, and neutral later since most have to follow a guide to get it but I guess I'm just lucky. o.0

So I guess my question for those that have beaten it, is the main branching of paths after this area? So I don't have to worry about "losing" neutrality anymore?

Please don't answer with story spoilers, just a yes or no really...

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just gonna hijack this old thread for some great info:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/30/shin-megami-tensei-iv-reaches-europe-september-will-cost-e20/
Europeans, Atlus has some good news. The publisher announced today that Shin Megami Tensei IV will be released in Europe this September, and the game will cost €19.99 / £17.99.

Downloadable content will be made available for purchase in Europe as well. All DLC will be available for purchase except for the North American retailer-exclusive pre-order bonus armour.

As reported in the past, Shin Megami Tensei IV is a download-only release in Europe, so hopefully the lower price makes that a little easier to swallow.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, 20 euro for download only is something I can live with.

Oh waait. Thats like a month from now. Time flies.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
14 months after it's released and its still 49.99 wow, i was hoping it would have dropped down to 29.99 by now. only reason why i have held myself back from purchasing this game. i don't have the 50 bucks right now to toss around.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
14 months after it's released and its still 49.99 wow, i was hoping it would have dropped down to 29.99 by now. only reason why i have held myself back from purchasing this game. i don't have the 50 bucks right now to toss around.

The game is like non-stop being on discount on USA eShop for 15 bucks.
Ohh and once again, European version delayed for next month ;O;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal