MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
OP
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys just started with this gem. In the main menu you can transfer your old sava data to receive bonus content. Well i got the eu version and the one I am playing is us. So i copy pasted my save file from shin megami tensei IV to Apocalypse. Didnt get the bonus content but when i loaded the game i got this...
1HS1y5B.jpg

How is this even possible? I can play my old save file. When i play the old save game i just start somewhere random. Can't open menu or save my game, I can only walk around and fight demons.. Is this done on purpose or what ? (Sorry for bad eng)

Last edited by MeowMeowMeow,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you imported your save file from the EU version of SMT IV into the US version of Apocalypse using some utility other than the one provided in-game, is that correct?

It seems like the save data structures of SMT4 and Apocalypse are similar enough that when you force Apocalypse to read a SMT4 save file, you get something that kinda-sorta works. This makes sense; they're both using the same engine. It's like how I'm pretty sure you can use Pokemon X save files in Pokemon Y just fine. Your inability to open the menu might be due to the differences between SMT4 and Apocalypse, or it might be due to the difference between the EU and USA versions, or both. I'll be sure to play around with this when I pick up my copy of the game.

In the meantime, try loading your EU SMT4 save file into a US version SMT4 game, if you have access to CIAngel or Freeshop. Boot the US version, load your save file, then save once. Then, assuming that works, import your now-US version SMT4 save into your US Apocalypse game using the normal in-game utility.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
OP
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you imported your save file from the EU version of SMT IV into the US version of Apocalypse using some utility other than the one provided in-game, is that correct?

It seems like the save data structures of SMT4 and Apocalypse are similar enough that when you force Apocalypse to read a SMT4 save file, you get something that kinda-sorta works. This makes sense; they're both using the same engine. It's like how I'm pretty sure you can use Pokemon X save files in Pokemon Y just fine. Your inability to open the menu might be due to the differences between SMT4 and Apocalypse, or it might be due to the difference between the EU and USA versions, or both. I'll be sure to play around with this when I pick up my copy of the game.

In the meantime, try loading your EU SMT4 save file into a US version SMT4 game, if you have access to CIAngel or Freeshop. Boot the US version, load your save file, then save once. Then, assuming that works, import your now-US version SMT4 save into your US Apocalypse game using the normal in-game utility.

Exactly. I downloaded the US version of SMT4, imported my EU savefile, and its seems to work. Then I imported the US savefile to SMT4A and received the bonus content. I could load the the game with the US savefile but then again I can't access the menu. I can walk around, fight the demons(only with the character, it seems I dont have any demons). Also the demons don't attack me...

So they used the same map structure in SMT4A?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte