Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse launch trailer

Atlus has given us a look at the latest in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise. In Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, you play as Nanashi, and must choose between peace and anarchy. The game will launch on September 20th for North America, and sometime Winter, for Europe.

The story of Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse is one of human pawns being shuffled across a chessboard by the higher deities. One lone Hunter, the game’s protagonist, meets an early demise and through a pact with a lesser god, is brought back to life in exchange for his pledge of servitude. From there, the protagonist allies with other Hunters in the ruins of post-apocalyptic Tokyo beginning a plot that crosses over with the events of the original Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went for both. I had to see all the endings!
So where have i seen this before.... Wasn't there a game released already for 3DS with this idea? OH FIRE EMBLEM FATES..... what about let see.... SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG.... Oh umm hold on, this isn't the first time atlus made a game like this, there is Catherine already so... maybe i was too quick to say that.:unsure:

Well least is not 2.... or 3 seperate games like fire emblem fates right chary? Cause umm.... oh never mind. When can we expect the review? I'll settle my thought there. :)

Reactions: SomecallmeBerto

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Well least is not 2.... or 3 seperate games like fire emblem fates right chary? Cause umm.... oh never mind. When can we expect the review? I'll settle my thought there. :)

This one is a standalone! So you don't have to worry about playing a ton in the series before trying this one. The review will be up at 9AM on the 15th!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
5 seconds into trailer and my wallet was like
334861-AllTheMonies.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where have i seen this before.... Wasn't there a game released already for 3DS with this idea? OH FIRE EMBLEM FATES..... what about let see.... SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG.... Oh umm hold on, this isn't the first time atlus made a game like this, there is Catherine already so... maybe i was too quick to say that.:unsure:
Split routes and alignment-based endings have been at the core of the SMT series since the first game two dozen years ago, so it's hardly a recent concept. Most of the spinoff series (including Persona) have strayed away from it in one way or another, but SMT IV had the usual Law/Chaos/Neutral routes, although it seems like Apocalypse boils down to two instead of three.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Split routes and alignment-based endings have been at the core of the SMT series since the first game two dozen years ago, so it's hardly a recent concept. Most of the spinoff series (including Persona) have strayed away from it in one way or another, but SMT IV had the usual Law/Chaos/Neutral routes, although it seems like Apocalypse boils down to two instead of three.
I guess so, but i never finished a game in this series, is difficult. The only one i remember playing is Shin megami tensei, nocturne, cause it had dante from devil may cry 2 in it. After i got to him, he beat me bad and i stopped. Gave the game away, lol. :P

I see the game is on psn for $10 i think, i could try it again, i had hoped since all the atlus remakes that would be one of them with easier difficulty.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought this was an updated versions of SMT IV, not an entirely new game. Why'd they number it the same as the previous game?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought this was an updated versions of SMT IV, not an entirely new game. Why'd they number it the same as the previous game?
Because it's a sequel to SMT IV; naming it SMT V would imply it was a standalone game, given the franchise history. At least it's clearer than the Japanese version name of SMT IV Final.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated