ROM Hack RELEASE Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster Save Editor

StevenDorsey43822

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Never mind! I just figured out how I can add the two I wanted.
1) Open the Save Editor --> Magatama window
2) Add the Magatama ID(s) to whatever slot(s) you want them to be in.
3) Close that Window and open the "Items" Sub-Menu of the Save Editor
4) Add the Magatama(s) to your MC's inventory (otherwise the game won't know you have htem)
5) Load the game and navigate to Items --> Discard
6) Discard any/all Magatama from your inventory in-game
Spoiler Alert: The Magatama should not disappear from your inventory when you do.
7) Open your Magatama menu, and you should see the two magatama you added in step 1, in their assigned slots

Not entirely sure what may happen in the longterm when you pick up more magatama later, assuming you only add one or two, like I'm doing rn.

Ignore:
Hello, I don't know if I'm Necro'ing this thread. If I am, I apologize.
I'm playing SMT 3 (switch) and having issue trying to add 2 magatama to my list of available ones. When I try to add Gaea and one other using the id codes "23" and "24", they simply don't appear in the in-game inv.

I've tried adding them to the "next available" slot in the Magatama sub-menu, and I've tried adding them to their related slots 23 and 24. No matter which I do, however, they simply don't appear. I'm hoping I'm simply missing an innocuous detail, and can get this to work.

Aside note:
I vaguely remember, on an earlier save (that I eventually replaced with a DLC new game), I attempted ot add all Magatama using the Items menu. And the Magatama were greyed out, unusable items under Items in-game.

However, when I went to the Junk Shop in Ginza for hte first time, I tried buying a Magatama, and it said something about not being able to carry any more of htem. I think I had foolishly given myself 99 of them all, not knowing what I was doing.

And if I remember correctly, after I left the shop, when i opened the Magatama menu, the game was prompted to suddenly realize that I possessed ALL the Magatama, and added them to the slots. That was about a week ago, or so, and I don't fully remember the exact steps I took.

That doesn't help me in this instance, because I've bought all the Magatama I currently have access to in the shops, and I was hoping to add the Magatama I wanted to level it up in this dungeon, get the skills I specifically want. The current magatama I have just maxed out, and I don't want any of the skills of hte others I currently have, lol.

Last edited by StevenDorsey43822,

Trmkol

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a strange problem that I'd like to know if anyone has an answer to. The editor seems to work fine, the savefile decrypt/encrypt tool seems to work fine, but none of the changes I make to the savefile seem to apply. I take the new modified savefile and replace the old savefile in the directory but when I load up the game nothing has changed, if I then decrypt and open the savefile in the editor again, all of the values are seemingly random numbers that don't make any sense. On PC.

dvanteman456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure out how to install this editor, is it possible for you to upload it with all the files it needs to run? I can't get this pip install thing to work and I'd just like to use the editor. or can you tell me where the item values are in the save? I can just hex edit it if I have to.

Amuyea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the late response. I will fix the bugs so far.

I can't figure out how to install this editor, is it possible for you to upload it with all the files it needs to run? I can't get this pip install thing to work and I'd just like to use the editor. or can you tell me where the item values are in the save? I can just hex edit it if I have to.
You can save edit with the google sheet link that I provided!

I will update the instructions soon

issajeff99

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I really could not understand any of this. I apologize for my lack of knowledge but could you really help me here. i don't mind if it either through hdx or python

abca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tengo un problema extraño que me gustaría saber si alguien tiene una respuesta. El editor parece funcionar bien, la herramienta de descifrado / cifrado del archivo guardado parece funcionar bien, pero ninguno de los cambios que hago en el archivo guardado parece aplicarse. Tomo el nuevo archivo de guardado modificado y reemplazo el antiguo archivo de guardado en el directorio, pero cuando cargo el juego nada ha cambiado, si luego descifro y abro el archivo de guardado en el editor nuevamente, todos los valores son números aparentemente aleatorios que no ningún sentido. En PC.
me pasa lo mismo

abca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tengo un problema extraño que me gustaría saber si alguien tiene una respuesta. El editor parece funcionar bien, la herramienta de descifrado / cifrado del archivo guardado parece funcionar bien, pero ninguno de los cambios que hago en el archivo guardado parece aplicarse. Tomo el nuevo archivo de guardado modificado y reemplazo el antiguo archivo de guardado en el directorio, pero cuando cargo el juego nada ha cambiado, si luego descifro y abro el archivo de guardado en el editor nuevamente, todos los valores son números aparentemente aleatorios que no ningún sentido. En PC.
I don't know how to delete messages for the first time I use this forum, I wanted to say that exactly the same thing happens to me

abertu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I use it but the game does not make me any change so any could change me I just want character have the stats to the maximum for the achievement=​

The Depths of Damnation (Maxed out all the Demi-fiend's stats.)​

Elvenmonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just tried downloading the latest version. For some reason it just doesn't work. However, the version 1.0 I have does. The editor just won't open at all while the original one does.

What are the differences between them? To see if it is even worth getting the latest one to work.

I am using Windows 10.

Last edited by Elvenmonk,

Amuyea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I use it but the game does not make me any change so any could change me I just want character have the stats to the maximum for the achievement=​

The Depths of Damnation (Maxed out all the Demi-fiend's stats.)​

I don't know anything about that.
So, I just tried downloading the latest version. For some reason it just doesn't work. However, the version 1.0 I have does. The editor just won't open at all while the original one does.

What are the differences between them? To see if it is even worth getting the latest one to work.

I am using Windows 10.
Hmm, let me check. What were you trying to do?

Runnin_Mike

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to convert a switch save to PC with the tool? Sounds like someone got close but it had some bugs with switching the voice acting. And a whole mess of other graphical settings issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup