ROM Hack RELEASE Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster Save Editor

julez_122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
sorry for the stupid question, but how exactly do i download it? theres always one of those "latest release" buttons on github to download the file but there isnt one on the link you posted?

Amuyea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the stupid question, but how exactly do i download it? theres always one of those "latest release" buttons on github to download the file but there isnt one on the link you posted?
Oop, well you can download the entire repo
You only need to have Shin folder.

I uploaded it on releases

Last edited by Amuyea,

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost forgot to thank you for this.
I've had Daisojou for the longest time (can't live without Meditation + Prayer), but even with its stats maximized (I used EdiZon to get unlimited incenses) it's pretty useless when approaching the end of the game. So, I gave it Debilitate, Mabufudyne, Maziodyne, Megidolaon, Sukukaja and kept Meditation, Prayer, Preach using this save editor.
Sure, it has some rough edges but I think it's more than enough considering its limited use case

Reactions: Amuyea

ngoctung91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
What is the issue?

From what I can remember, your character has a limit of demons that it can hold (while leveling up)

Or do you mean the DLC?

When making those Demon, it's all blank when I check in game (slot 3 and 4). Have no idea, just having trouble with Metatron and Dante. I will try it later when going through the game.

NepuNepu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a shinvalues.py for the PC version? I loaded my save with the default file and the one in the 1.0.0 folder and they both gave me a bunch of nonsense values for everything I looked at. Am I stupid?

I made it to where Matador should appear before realizing I needed the Chronicles DLC and I just want to move my stuff over to a save with the DLC enabled.

Edit: I am stupid, I overlooked the one post that linked a decrypter.

Edit 2: The offsets for save 2 seem to be off in the editor. Changes I made don't appear in-game after re-encrypting, but in HxD the values are right where the spreadsheet says they should be.

Edit 3: On PC, the save 2 money amount is at 0x16E8C. Assuming everything is laid out the same way, everything should be moved forward by 0x17C8. I don't know of any way to make the changes in shinvalues.py without manually adding 0x17C8 to every value in the save 2 section.

Edit 4: Well, somehow this worked lmao

Edit 5: Trying to change Magatama in-game after changing it with the save editor breaks the game. Oh no.

Edit 6: Fixed previous issue by using HxD to set equipped Magatama to 00 (none). Somehow Demifiend's and Pixie's strengths got set to 0 but that should be a quick fix.

Attachments

• fix.png
    fix.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by NepuNepu,

Amuyea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a shinvalues.py for the PC version? I loaded my save with the default file and the one in the 1.0.0 folder and they both gave me a bunch of nonsense values for everything I looked at. Am I stupid?

I made it to where Matador should appear before realizing I needed the Chronicles DLC and I just want to move my stuff over to a save with the DLC enabled.

Edit: I am stupid, I overlooked the one post that linked a decrypter.

Edit 2: The offsets for save 2 seem to be off in the editor. Changes I made don't appear in-game after re-encrypting, but in HxD the values are right where the spreadsheet says they should be.

Edit 3: On PC, the save 2 money amount is at 0x16E8C. Assuming everything is laid out the same way, everything should be moved forward by 0x17C8. I don't know of any way to make the changes in shinvalues.py without manually adding 0x17C8 to every value in the save 2 section.

Edit 4: Well, somehow this worked lmao

Edit 5: Trying to change Magatama in-game after changing it with the save editor breaks the game. Oh no.

Edit 6: Fixed previous issue by using HxD to set equipped Magatama to 00 (none). Somehow Demifiend's and Pixie's strengths got set to 0 but that should be a quick fix.
The PC is base game or is that's a different version? I haven't done other versions

JadedNutcase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I didn't know about 3.10 python. I think it should be fine unless it broke :unsure:
It did indeed. It led to pip pulling a Sideshow Bob with the rakes:lol: and me having to force close it. After some Google-fu I found on the Python-forum io ( "Python 3.10 and PyQt5(6)" or thread-33960 ) that PyQt5 requires Python version 3.6.1 or higher (but for some bizarre issue it doesn't recognize 3.10.0 ) I managed to the the program working... or at least I think I did: the values for skills, items, etc. are way off. Could this problem be me attempting to use this editor with the PC (Steam) version of the game?
Screenshot SMT3HD SavEdit.png

Amuyea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did indeed. It led to pip pulling a Sideshow Bob with the rakes:lol: and me having to force close it. After some Google-fu I found on the Python-forum io ( "Python 3.10 and PyQt5(6)" or thread-33960 ) that PyQt5 requires Python version 3.6.1 or higher (but for some bizarre issue it doesn't recognize 3.10.0 ) I managed to the the program working... or at least I think I did: the values for skills, items, etc. are way off. Could this problem be me attempting to use this editor with the PC (Steam) version of the game? View attachment 278958
Did you use the decrypt program link in the first post? I don't have Steam game so I can't tell.

You can decrypt your saved file, send it to me in PM or here with money or stats that will help me with finding them. Someone said "0x17C8" difference but idk the versions

JadedNutcase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?? *checks 1st post then loads it another browser* Okay, I imagine I'm going to feel very blind in a moment but what decrypt program link?

DrNr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Forgive my inexperience, but i installed all the requirement (pyqt5 ect..) and python 3 obviously but shin doesen't seem to work. if you can help me it would be kind of you.

Last edited by DrNr,

DrNr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Forgive my inexperience, but i installed all the requirement (pyqt5 ect..) and python 3 obviusly but shin doesen't seem to work. if you can help me it would be kind of you.
God!! i managed to make it work it took 4h but still, thanks for the work man.

Last edited by DrNr,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime