Gaming Shin megami tensei Devil survivor vs R4

Naridar

Excelsior!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi everyone! I've got an R4 (Fw 1.18 and Ysmenu newest) and Shin megami tensei: Devil survivor on it. I've got a most unusual problem, which isn't mentioned anywhere else. Namely, after the intro, and a few lines of text, the game hangs at a particular place: when you receive a few DS'es from Naoya, and the text says: "These are... game systems? Naoya gave you these?". There, it hangs. The characters still blink at a regular interval, the music plays on, but no matter what I do, it won't continue. And it didn't happen just one time - but 5 times.

Now, did anyone get this problem before? How can it be solved?

Oh, and both FW-s (1.18 and Ysmenu) give this exact same problem. The game is US-region (release no. 3902)

If anyone can help, please do so. I'm completely stumped.

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ysmenu are a litle beter compatibility wise... try to "install it" after download the new ROM

it is a win-win deal (more compatibility and new rom) anyway.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure this isn't the part where you're supposed to pick an answer with the D-pad?

I remember on Luminous Arc 2 Roland's first encounter with Fatima I thought my game froze but you only had to choose the answer with the D-pad

Naridar

Excelsior!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes. It is. I realized now how stupid I was
blink.gif

I was pressing every single button, including start, select and also tried the touchscreen, but still, to have such an easy solution... I can't believe this.

dumblamers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got a problem with the save on the original R4. i tested it with 2 different roms. after the long intro, the first time to save, it creates the save and fails. it says it's corrupted when i try to load it. i used 1.18 and ysmenu too. same problem. formatted my card like many times. anyone else got the same problem?

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
dumblamers said:
well i got a problem with the save on the original R4. i tested it with 2 different roms. after the long intro, the first time to save, it creates the save and fails. it says it's corrupted when i try to load it. i used 1.18 and ysmenu too. same problem. formatted my card like many times. anyone else got the same problem?

Everyone has that problem, just wait until a patch is release (who knows how long could it take) or you can buy a better flashcard or you can buy the game.
and also the encounter rate is zero and you can't find any forma/gates.

Just play it on an emulator and when the patch is up just transfer your save.

Haulinash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but if you have any cheats enabled and it locks up... disable cheats and play again. every time i had a freeze issue this cleared it up. (using a R4)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: The craze must've had died down by then.