Shin megami tensei Devil survivor vs R4

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Naridar, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Naridar
    OP

Naridar Excelsior!

Oct 26, 2008
    Hungary
    Hi everyone! I've got an R4 (Fw 1.18 and Ysmenu newest) and Shin megami tensei: Devil survivor on it. I've got a most unusual problem, which isn't mentioned anywhere else. Namely, after the intro, and a few lines of text, the game hangs at a particular place: when you receive a few DS'es from Naoya, and the text says: "These are... game systems? Naoya gave you these?". There, it hangs. The characters still blink at a regular interval, the music plays on, but no matter what I do, it won't continue. And it didn't happen just one time - but 5 times.

Now, did anyone get this problem before? How can it be solved?

Oh, and both FW-s (1.18 and Ysmenu) give this exact same problem. The game is US-region (release no. 3902)

If anyone can help, please do so. I'm completely stumped.

2. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    I think I remember playing this game fine on 1.18

Try getting your rom from a different source, it might be a bad dump.

3. dukemagus

dukemagus GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Ysmenu are a litle beter compatibility wise... try to "install it" after download the new ROM

it is a win-win deal (more compatibility and new rom) anyway.

4. pitman

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Where rockets don't fall.
    I'm using R4+Ysmenu and never had any problems with it whatsoever.
    Try using the latest YSmenu and get a clean untrimmed ROM perhaps.

5. Zane

Zane Ace Wizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Sweden, Falkenberg
    I'm currently playing it with a r4 1.18, nothing wrong here. Could be a bad dump, or something else. Tried backing up your files, and formating the card?

6. BlackDave

BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    Are you sure this isn't the part where you're supposed to pick an answer with the D-pad?

I remember on Luminous Arc 2 Roland's first encounter with Fatima I thought my game froze but you only had to choose the answer with the D-pad

7. Naridar
    OP

Naridar Excelsior!

Oct 26, 2008
    Hungary
    Yes. It is. I realized now how stupid I was [​IMG] .

I was pressing every single button, including start, select and also tried the touchscreen, but still, to have such an easy solution... I can't believe this.

8. dumblamers

dumblamers Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2004
    United States
    well i got a problem with the save on the original R4. i tested it with 2 different roms. after the long intro, the first time to save, it creates the save and fails. it says it's corrupted when i try to load it. i used 1.18 and ysmenu too. same problem. formatted my card like many times. anyone else got the same problem?

9. pitman

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Everyone has that problem, just wait until a patch is release (who knows how long could it take) or you can buy a better flashcard or you can buy the game.
    and also the encounter rate is zero and you can't find any forma/gates.

Just play it on an emulator and when the patch is up just transfer your save.

10. Foosil32

Foosil32 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    What is a good emulation program to use?

11. pitman

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
  12. Haulinash

Haulinash Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but if you have any cheats enabled and it locks up... disable cheats and play again. every time i had a freeze issue this cleared it up. (using a R4)