Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
This isn't bad, but I think I like Persona better. :/

Agreed, personally I wish they took Strange Journey over Devil Survivor. I felt like Strange Journey was a lot better. Pretty classic SMT gameplay.

Not a bad game though, I just kinda got bored of it and stopped playing after a while.

Rock Raiyu said:
Chanser said:
QUOTE(Rock Raiyu @ Mar 9 2011, 10:13 PM) I don't like how Atlus just ported a game that came out barely 2 years ago and re-release it with some new content.

They done it before with Persona 3.
But that's a PS2 game. Not everyone has access to a PS2 or a backwards compatible PS3. It's different bringing a game to the 3DS when the 3DS is backwards compatible with NDS games.

PS2's are the highest selling game console ever made. I'm pretty sure it's not hard to get access to it.

I understand your point but you might as well spend a few more bucks on an enhanced version of the game on the 3DS than the older version on the DS.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Chanser said:
Rock Raiyu said:
I don't like how Atlus just ported a game that came out barely 2 years ago and re-release it with some new content.

They done it before with Persona 3.
But that's a PS2 game. Not everyone has access to a PS2 or a backwards compatible PS3. It's different bringing a game to the 3DS when the 3DS is backwards compatible with NDS games.

PS2's are the highest selling game console ever made. I'm pretty sure it's not hard to get access to it.

I understand your point but you might as well spend a few more bucks on an enhanced version of the game on the 3DS than the older version on the DS.
Yeah I guess you are right. But it couldn't have hurt them when to wait a bit when the 3DS user base is established more...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majority? Do you know how many 3DS' was sold on the first day?

Rock Raiyu said:
Yeah I guess you are right. But it couldn't have hurt them when to wait a bit when the 3DS user base is established more...
Why wait? Devs need to start picking up.
tongue.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
pokefreak2008 said:
is this gonna be a remake or a whole new story? i didnt really play devil survivor

It's a remake with an extra day of content added as well as difficulty levels (for those of you who want to throw your 3DS against a wall for being stupid enough to try to fight Lucifer on the hardest difficulty
smileipb2.png
) and even 20-something new demons to battle/recruit. They also redrew all the art in the game and added voice acting.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
I don't like how Atlus just ported a game that came out barely 2 years ago and re-release it with some new content.

It's what they do, dude. Remember Persona 3:FES?

I am sure they were going to re-release this game on the DS even if the 3DS was not coming out.

Anyways, I am excited. I played through halfway into the first one, and my save was wiped. I was really liking it, I am a huge SMT fan. I am playing Persona 3 & 4 now, having a lot of fun.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Schlupi said:
Rock Raiyu said:

I am sure they were going to re-release this game on the DS even if the 3DS was not coming out.

Anyways, I am excited. I played through halfway into the first one, and my save was wiped. I was really liking it, I am a huge SMT fan. I am playing Persona 3 & 4 now, having a lot of fun.
Only FES was originally sold as an expansion. In Japan you could buy either the FES new content in a cheaper append disk, or pay full price for both P3 and the FES new content.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's how the series is - it dabbles very closely to religion and mythology. It sticks with the lore behind major religions, as opposed to using direct names in most cases. (Instead of saying Jesus, they'll say Messiah or Savior, for example, and Satan, Lucifer, and Beelzebub are all different characters as opposed to being the same entity.)

If you're super hard core religious (as in you won't tolerate any kind of deviation or slander), I'd look into the series before giving it a spin.

But all of the stories are awesome. When I found out:

HUGE SPOILERS FOR DEVIL SURVIVOR
That the main character is a reincarnation of the first murder victim, Abel

Mind = Blown

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Rock Raiyu said:

Except that if it weren't for the US release of FES, a P3 game wouldn't have been sold at a reasonable price, and i wouldn't have gotten into Persona, Fes was my first and my enjoyable Persona game.

DragLeben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, they made really good choices for the voice actors.
Everyone sounded the same as how I imagined them to sound like.

I remember reading a post about Yuzu's voice sounding annoying, you should try playing the game to understand why. xD
(But I don't hate her like most of the people who played the game, she's actually the most humane out of all the main characters.)

Only thing I didn't like is how Amane's actor made "th" sounds when the last words on her sentences ended with hard consonants.
"Leading mankind into his lighth, to reform the worldth"
LOL
They should train her more and rerecord her lines.

It's the same case on Small of Two Pieces, but it's still a great song anyway.
tongue.gif

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Full voice acting, an 8th day, and the fact that I didn't by it on the DS...
smile.gif

rolleyes.gif
Same!

Though the voice acting is a bit bad, but I can live with it
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released