Gaming Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2, Release: Feb 28

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found it, too, on my usual stomping ground, but I might as well wait for the 28th, both because I don't have a flashcart and because I preordered it.

Also: You didn't miss out on much for not beating the first one. I only went through one ending (Naoya's), but it was hugely disappointing and I heard the other's aren't much better (all of them are pretty much not wrapping things up) but maybe that's gotten better on the 3DS version, since they added an 8th day and all. I still wouldn't play through the game again for that tho.
The ending I got in the first game (Gin's) seemed to wrap the plot up quite nicely, though:
You become the King of Bel, then banish all the demons and send the Gate of Bel back to the demon world. With the threat of the demons gone, the angels lift the lockdown, and abort the Final Option. You still have the power of Bel, but go back to living the way you did before the lockdown. Then you get a message from the angels: "We're watching you. Abuse your power and face our wrath."

I've heard the only overtly disappointing ending is Yuzu's, for obvious reasons, and that the 8th Day in Overclocked rectifies that somewhat.

It seems they've balanced things better this time around. Yuzu back in DS1 only had 3 movement. This makes me not want to play her.
And I agree, Atsuro's a lot more badass.

Finished the first day, damn that binary flare. Good thing Joe's fast.
Well, pairing Yuzu up with decent Pokem-- err Demons with auto-abilities like Animal ...thingy (the one that allows you to move again after attacking), Flying (+1 Movement and ignore obstacles) or the one that gives your +3 range (geez, it was only three weeks ago that I played the game last and I can't recall any of the ability names... XD) makes you forget about her one movement less than the others handicap. But yeah, it seems a lot more balanced this time! :>
You mean Animal Leg, Flight, and Vile Wave? :P People also recommend giving her a Wilder (whose Devil Speed can set her speed to 7) or Genma (which doesn't give her any more movement range, but makes her turns come about a lot faster), but I usually just gave her a Megami and a Divine and made her the Team Mom - I mean, healer.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The ending I got in the first game (Gin's) seemed to wrap the plot up quite nicely, though:
You become the King of Bel, then banish all the demons and send the Gate of Bel back to the demon world. With the threat of the demons gone, the angels lift the lockdown, and abort the Final Option. You still have the power of Bel, but go back to living the way you did before the lockdown. Then you get a message from the angels: "We're watching you. Abuse your power and face our wrath."

I've heard the only overtly disappointing ending is Yuzu's, for obvious reasons, and that the 8th Day in Overclocked rectifies that somewhat.

I have no idea what happens in Yuzu's ending but I found it pretty disappointing that after becoming king you only get a few screens with text explaining what's happening and gonna happen (I intended to go for Gin's ending but missed out some event and went for Naoya's then since the only other available ending was Yuzu's and I didn't want to see that.. whatever happens there) - but what I found the most annoying was after I decided to go for Naoya's ending Yuzu and err the magical girl instantly left without any proper reason and Mari and her friend who was hating on me and my gang all the time and I didn't really have seen many of his events so I was like.. "ooookay, suddenly best friends??" the story just felt so very tacked on all of a sudden, there was no story telling flow at all, everything that happened before was completely irrelevant and yeah.
Also:
After becoming king and deciding to fight God you only get told "and so a great & long war began" and then it's the end. You never fight against God or any of those angels, you never know if they fight him at all, and if they do wether they win or not, what happens to the others and everything... I found that just disappointing. :( I wanted to kick God's ass. XD

But all in all I find the story concept for 2 far more interesting - I'm just not too much into the religious themes Atlus uses, I also preferred Persona 4 over Persona 3, since I'm much more of a sucker for sci-fi, mystery, detective and suspense stuff and I do find religion is always such an easy motive for villains, I prefer something far more mindfuck. XD

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gotten Naoya's ending, but as I understand it, those two leave because:
they have moral qualms about taking over the world, even if you're trying to do it to improve things.
That's why Atsuro gets the fan nickname Atsubro; he's the only character that stays in the party from beginning to end in all endings. He'll be with you through thick and thin.

I was going for Atsuro's ending, but I let Keisuke die (and didn't even save Mari in the bargain... -_-)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having played the game on my r4 on the latest Wood, I think I may have found the AP. When you battle with Dubhe at teh end of the first day when you escape point, Daichi is meant drive a van into Dubhe to take out the majority of his HP and your objectives change from escaping to taking out Dubhe. However it that doesn't happen with my setup and I'm left having to take out Dubhe without Daichivangate.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I haven't gotten Naoya's ending, but as I understand it, those two leave because:
they have moral qualms about taking over the world, even if you're trying to do it to improve things.
That's why Atsuro gets the fan nickname Atsubro; he's the only character that stays in the party from beginning to end in all endings. He'll be with you through thick and thin.

I was going for Atsuro's ending, but I let Keisuke die (and didn't even save Mari in the bargain... -_-)

I know they are having some moral issues with Naoya's plans - but it's like 2 sentences and then there are gone. "I don't approve of that, sorry. I'll leave." just like that. And Dolly? (I remember her name now *_*) She had no real reason to leave.. I mean, all she ever cared about was saving humanity and that was exactly what the MC was trying to do in that ending. Even more so free humanity of that God that so easily decides to kill hundred of people for totally lame reasons... I dunno, Naoya was a little insane and that other guy way too aggressive, but all in all I didn't see it as much of a "I'm gonna rule the world" ending.. well, you never get to rule or do anything anyways. You just become king like you do in all (?) other endings as well... but oh well, if Yuzu's love for the MC is that little, I don't care if she leaves! *pouts* Ahem... I let Keisuke die as well, because I didn't know I had to give Mari's bag to....whatever his name was... the father business man dude.. instead I gave it to her, because HOW THE HELL is one supposed to know that the guy who was ALL USELESS the whole time would somehow be relevant for saving both Keisuke and Mari.... *sigh*

Character-story-wise the game was way too illogical. I hope the 2nd does better in that regard.. I should maybe continue playing to find out. ;>

mipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Having played the game on my r4 on the latest Wood, I think I may have found the AP. When you battle with Dubhe at teh end of the first day when you escape point, Daichi is meant drive a van into Dubhe to take out the majority of his HP and your objectives change from escaping to taking out Dubhe. However it that doesn't happen with my setup and I'm left having to take out Dubhe without Daichivangate.

Confirming this. WoodR4 1.44 has AP. And Daichi is supposed to remove most of the immunities from the boss.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Confirming this. WoodR4 1.44 has AP. And Daichi is supposed to remove most of the immunities from the boss.
Working fine with AKAIO 1.8.9 here (that truck really helped a lot, lol)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Looks like I'll be picking up my AK2.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, i can confirm this lol, managed to beat the boss on my Acekard 2.1, though the boss and enemies destroyed like half my party >.<

i'm not good at tactics games

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I should try the patched version provided by the torrent and see if I'll get that AP or not... I hope it doesn't affect the save file like what happened with 999... (I didn't want to start a new game even after the new version of the firmware, but I still get those lags).

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I should try the patched version provided by the torrent and see if I'll get that AP or not... I hope it doesn't affect the save file like what happened with 999... (I didn't want to start a new game even after the new version of the firmware, but I still get those lags).
if your torrent has the clean and the patched version then it's the same as mine. either one didn't worked for me :( (Wood r4 v1.44)

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
if your torrent has the clean and the patched version then it's the same as mine. either one didn't worked for me :( (Wood r4 v1.44)

Yep, that exact one... and you mean the AP right or the whole game running? Cause I use R4-SDHC (same line of the R4i-SDHC but just for the DS). I got the game running fine for now, but I haven't encountered that part for the AP (cause I'm slow).

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found the link to download the SMT Devil Survivor 2 but... guess won't work. Wood Yellow goblim , we need you today pleeeease ! Don't abandoned us today !! Its sunday, day to play a lot !! Tomorrow I go work and study = no time for games :C . I'M WAITING FOR YOU MY HERO !!!

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I for some reason thought that this was supposed to be released somewhere in June/July so I'm pleasantly surprised. Currently downloading but won't start till anti-AP gets released.

leonssj90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I found a fix for the first boss battle, I put it up on filetrip. Heres the link http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=27259

Kuroko Shirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How strange, when I use that patch (dragging the ROM into the app), I get a weird error like this:

2jedzyo.png

EDIT: I decided to change the CRC32 thing of the text file by using ndsts to view it... but not sure if that will work. o__o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs