Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My body is ready.

I'll likely get a digital and a physical copy.

Really hope for some balancing to make the game more difficult. Love the game to death but some things were pretty easy compared to the first. Nerf multi-strike plz
Except Beelzebub. Fuck that guy.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My body is ready.

I'll likely get a digital and a physical copy.

Really hope for some balancing to make the game more difficult. Love the game to death but some things were pretty easy compared to the first. Nerf multi-strike plz
Except Beelzebub. Fuck that guy.
Oh god, I remember him. *shudder*

NVash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's basically what SMT games are known for: Punishing difficulty. And requiring good setups and strategy. Did you play the original Devil Survivor? That was even harder than this one.
Funny, I actually stopped playing the original for two reasons. I got sick of grinding and I wanted the 3DS version. I bought the second and never played it because I heard whispers of the 3DS version. Now its on the horizon at long last.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the ds version worth playing through, or should I wait for the 3ds version?
Just wait and get this one.

For those of you saying you got tired of grinding, you are playing wrong. If you are stuck and have to grind you are most likely not fusing intelligently or not building your mc very. Grinding is only necessary for macca which is rare and kinda near mid game

Reactions: weavile001

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just wait and get this one.

For those of you saying you got tired of grinding, you are playing wrong. If you are stuck and have to grind you are most likely not fusing intelligently or not building your mc very. Grinding is only necessary for macca which is rare and kinda near mid game

another question, what kind of order are the games in? are the devil survivor games(1&2) a separate branch? and where does 4 fit in?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Funny, I actually stopped playing the original for two reasons. I got sick of grinding and I wanted the 3DS version. I bought the second and never played it because I heard whispers of the 3DS version. Now its on the horizon at long last.

There's no grinding in Devil Survivor.
Unless you're bad, I guess. I think I did maybe 10-15 free battles in 200-300 hours of playing, cuz I needed a bit of macca here and there.

Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another question, what kind of order are the games in? are the devil survivor games(1&2) a separate branch? and where does 4 fit in?
I assume you mean Shin Megami Tensei 4, which has no ties to the devil survivor series, other than demons and skills.

Most of the SMT games are only loosely related and usually not even then. DS 1 and 2 are not related in any way, other than gameplay mechanics

Reactions: 2Hack

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bar a select few games the megaten games are unrelated. Think of it like final fantasy.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Bar a select few games the megaten games are unrelated. Think of it like final fantasy.

I assume you mean Shin Megami Tensei 4, which has no ties to the devil survivor series, other than demons and skills.

Most of the SMT games are only loosely related and usually not even then. DS 1 and 2 are not related in any way, other than gameplay mechanics

That is good to hear! I always shy'd away from Final Fantasy and SMT because of the sheer amount of titles they had. I'll check it out for sure now. :)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is good to hear! I always shy'd away from Final Fantasy and SMT because of the sheer amount of titles they had. I'll check it out for sure now. :)
As with final fantasy, almost none of them are directly related either. Or the mostly overlooked dragon quesr series.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As with final fantasy, almost none of them are directly related either. Or the mostly overlooked dragon quesr series.
Yep. Like with Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior/Quest, there are references and running jokes/themes, but you will not miss anything (for the most part) by skipping a game in the MegaTen franchise. Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga are the only series with story sequels. Then there's Persona Q and Persona Arena, which contain characters from Persona 3 and 4. That's it (to my knowledge).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1