• Replies 39
  • Likes 7

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's getting both Soul Hackers and SMT4? Looks like my 3DS will be getting some love once these come over to the U.S.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, main entry in a long running series, on a handheld for the first release? Holy mother of bad ideas, Batman!

Ah well. I don't think any of the games in the main series have made it out of Japan anyways (besides Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne). We pretty much just get the Persona games, and whatever else they may throw out there (like Devil Survivor 1 and 2 on the DS).

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
...I need to change my pants. Devil Survivor, Soul Hackers, now this too? a real, solid numbered SMT, and on the 3DS too. i hope they up the difficulty more, and i hope Nintendo does not gimp the story WHATSOEVER. I want a super epic clash of the gods, and I want YHWH in there too.

( TuT)

Wait, main entry in a long running series, on a handheld for the first release? Holy mother of bad ideas, Batman!

Ah well. I don't think any of the games in the main series have made it out of Japan anyways (besides Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne). We pretty much just get the Persona games, and whatever else they may throw out there (like Devil Survivor 1 and 2 on the DS).
I think the devs acknowledge Strange Journey as an unofficially numbered SMT, but since they've officially numbered this upcoming one, I guess SJ just became SMT3.5, unofficially.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I need to change my pants.

holy crap, a real, solid numbered SMT, and on the 3DS too. i hope they up the difficulty more, and i hope Nintendo does not gimp the story WHATSOEVER. I want a super epic clash of the gods, and I want YHWH in there too.

( TuT)
Looking at Strange Journey, Devil Survivor 1 and 2, and the Demikids games (which were pretty...aggressive, despite what the title may suggest), I doubt Nintendo'll do anything to the story. Atlus wouldn't let them, even if they wanted to.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome.

I just started getting into the SMT series myself, but i love Devil Survivor 1/2/Overclocked , Strange Journey, and Persona 3. Was already hyped for Persona 4 Golden on Vita and Persona 4 Arena for PS3.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
...I need to change my pants.

holy crap, a real, solid numbered SMT, and on the 3DS too. i hope they up the difficulty more, and i hope Nintendo does not gimp the story WHATSOEVER. I want a super epic clash of the gods, and I want YHWH in there too.

( TuT)
Looking at Strange Journey, Devil Survivor 1 and 2, and the Demikids games (which were pretty...aggressive, despite what the title may suggest), I doubt Nintendo'll do anything to the story. Atlus wouldn't let them, even if they wanted to.
Yeah, but Strange Journey felt like they were cutting it close. YHWH is just another fancy word for Jehovah/Yahweh, and that's one count already. If the sects and the Jews even pick up on this, they'd lobby it to death, probably. and even then Jehovah is pretty much the Judo-Christian God, so pretty much the entire Christian world can lobby against this "blasphemy" if they knew of it.

Then there's that Tyrant Mara and that big pussy demon guy (seriously, that guy even has a cli-- a... a nub!), i wonder how they'd convince Nintendo to let those through... i mean, even a kid would know what they are.

Fibrizo

Not Valwin
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes yes yes 3ds keeps on delivering games
2ztejdl.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not a huge fan of the series, but good news nonetheless. I'm still waiting for news on that Persona 3DS title though.

Me neither. If there's literally one series that I find extremely passable and won't regret not playing, it's SMT. Hell, I probably care less about SMT than I do for Minecraft.

The only good side of this that I find, is that more Japanese developers are opening up to the western world, which would mean less region exclusives, thank god.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I never played this series at all. You all seem pretty chuffed it is coming to 3DS though which must be good.

Anyone want to hype this for me a bit? ie what is it about? and what genre? and will it matter if I havent played the other games in the series?

Glad I got a 3DS, get to try these new titles out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.