Shenmue III E3 2019 trailer and Epic Games Store exclusivity

A new trailer for Shenmue III has dropped during the E3 PC Gaming Show. The trailer showcases some story scenes and new characters in all their goofy Dreamcast-era glory.

Also, confirmed via a Kickstarter update - Shenmue III is now exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC. This exclusivity was apparently chosen as Epic have been an important partner in the development of Shenmue III in helping with supporting development via the Unreal Engine.

PC Version Epic Games Store Exclusive!

We are happy to announce that Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Storeexclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option.

This change in distribution platform makes it unclear what options will be given to those that backed the campaign for a Steam digital/physical copy, but the new exclusivity deal likely means a Steam version is off the cards for now. Perhaps the deal is time limited but we'll have to wait for Deep Silver, the publisher, to clarify.

The Kickstarter update (link below) is currently being bombarded with comments from angry backers who are either demanding a Steam key or a complete refund. It's going to be interesting to see how Deep Silver and Ys Net handle this PR nightmare.

It has been and continues to be a bumpy ride for Shenmue fans but at least the game is nearing completion and is due to release on both PS4 and PC (via EGS) on 19th November 2019.

:arrow: Source

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I expect some people to ask for a refund, if only because of EGS' move.

The backlash will be huge.
The comments section of the KS update is being hammered by angry backers. I've updated the news to reflect this. It's going to be a PR nightmare for them. Rightfully so to be honest. You can't just bait and switch people like that.

Deleted member 388531

Trophies
XP
These greedy cunts can go fuck themselves. Do they not realize EGS is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with gaming right now? Whatever, I'm sure this'll be a PR shitstorm and thousands will demands refunds. Either way, unless EGS dies soon I can't see myself taking this BS much longer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's going to be a PR nightmare for them
Good. Fuck em.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This guy knows his priorities

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 200

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat