Shemue III Delayed To 2018

Capture.JPG

To no one's surprise, the much hyped Shenmue III has had its release pushed to the second half of 2018. Note that the game was initially slated for a December 2017 release after a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign in 2015. The news came from an update Kickstarter campaign page today, following a previous statement that the game will be a no-show at this year's E3.

In the update, project director Yu Suzuki mentioned that the delay was due to a "revised development schedule" and that “by utilizing new technologies, we have been able to discover new possibilities and expressions. In many ways, the game has become bigger and more beautiful than I initially expected.”

Better late than broken, right?

:arrow: SOURCE

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Another delayed game. :(

Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo did this to one of their most hyped games.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now all they need to do is ask for more money, delay the game again, and add a dash button when Ryo asks, 'Have you seen my father?' to be Mighty Shenmue 9.

Did you make the title 'Shemue' on purpose? Great name for the side-project they could co-develop with the Mighty Shenmue 9 funds. It could be an entire game dedicated to asking, 'Do you have a quarter?' and getting drinks from vending machines while trying to come home before your curfew.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Now all they need to do is ask for more money, delay the game again, and add a dash button when Ryo asks, 'Have you seen my father?' to be Mighty Shenmue 9.

Did you make the title 'Shemue' on purpose? Great name for the side-project they could co-develop with the Mighty Shenmue 9 funds. It could be an entire game dedicated to asking, 'Do you have a quarter?' and getting drinks from vending machines while trying to come home before your curfew.

quote-a-delayed-game-is-eventually-good-but-a-rushed-game-is-forever-bad-shigeru-miyamoto-20-21-20.jpg

This is so true. It's why Duke Nukem Forever turned out to be such an amazing game. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ahhh...the new possibilities and expressions of being paid millions upfront.
Well, I usually pre-order games via Amazon so at least they won't con me but other companies could try.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Lol @ people wanting Xbox Scorpio enhancements, I'd be happy with a Dreamcast port:P, the way the last two were played.
Dreamcast games still look really nice, imo. I wouldn't mind to play games with graphics like those nowadays if it never got to the HD era.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Dreamcast games still look really nice, imo. I wouldn't mind to play games with graphics like those nowadays if it never got to the HD era.

I still use my DC with a VGA CRT monitor using a Hanzo Scanliner (looks crisp). But, yeah, i'd be perfectly happy if Shenmue 3 ran on the old engine but I know that would never happen, as it's going to be on PC and the latest Next Gen consoles.

I guess, it's what your used to and what you grew up with back in day.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Exavold

eeh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
quote-a-delayed-game-is-eventually-good-but-a-rushed-game-is-forever-bad-shigeru-miyamoto-20-21-20.jpg

This is so true. It's why Duke Nukem Forever turned out to be such an amazing game. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I usually pre-order games via Amazon so at least they won't con me but other companies could try.
That's also why StarFox Wii U was a huge pile of scheisse.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Pretty much how I expected this thread to start with. So has anyone here played Shemue 1 or 2? I never had but maybe its time to look up a lets play, huh?
Been waiting for a re-release on 360/PS3 but now on PS4/PC/XO.

At one point I thought about getting the original Shenmues 1 & 2 for DC but it was £30 + £60 and their conditions weren't really the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)