Shelley the Republican

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by zeppo, Nov 15, 2007.

1. zeppo
    OP

zeppo change my avatar!

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
  2. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My God, the woman is hilarious. Complete basket case, dangerous lunatic even, but funny nonetheless.

[​IMG]

EDIT: The God's hitlist?!?! [​IMG]

Sooo, she hears voices that "compel her" to do things? [​IMG]

3. Hitto

Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

Nov 29, 2005
    France
    Nice, France
    The internet : Killing sarcasm since 1994.
    God you people are tools.

4. Veho

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    No, seriously. Did you see the size of the archive? Anyone who would spend that much time creating a spoof page is just as mental as someone who would write it in all earnesty.

5. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    It's real blog that is updated regularly, but it's all a joke. It's satire. Shelly and crew probably aren't even republicans.

I figured this out when I saw that there were articles about Linux, and even bits and pieces of correct information about it (like the original creator's name, I believe). The reason this gave it away for me is because...People who are really this idiotic don't even know the word "Linux."

6. notnarb

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
    when I saw Linux users on the god's hitlist, I knew it was a sham

7. Hitto

Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

Nov 29, 2005
    France
    Nice, France
    You know Lowtax has made a LIVING off creating a sppof page, right?
    You DO know that some people MAKE MONEY WHILE MAKING OTHERS LAUGH? [​IMG]

8. Osaka

Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 25, 2007
    United States
    Ragol
    whats sad is that i bet there are some people out there that think this is real and follow it.

9. Veho

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Thank you. My point exactly.

10. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    I think it's pretty good actually, because they place things around the site that tip you off that it's satire, but it's believable enough that the idiots who actually beleive that shit comment positively on the articles.

And then we can laugh at them.

11. Veho

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb

What the site author could do to make right-wing extremists look ridiculous: go to extremist blogs, log on, pretend to be right-wing extremists, and then act like a complete cretin (all the while vehemently agreeing with the opinions stated by the blogs' authors). Sort of like the "Ku-Klux-Klan gamble" from South Park.

This way, however, they are producing a site that won't make extremists seem any more ridiculous (because both the blog itself and the positive comments on it are completely indistinguishable from what's found in "real" blogs on the subject), but will provide another place for liberals to make fools of themselves (and anyone else with even vaguely liberal outlooks, by association), by acting like rabid idiots.

12. Ktaro

Ktaro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2007
    I mean even if the text is real or not the positive comments for it are real at least right? which basicaly means that there ARE people in this world that think like that. [​IMG] it's kinda freaky if you ask me. And why did they have to use a Japanese ukiyoe painting as an example there's plenty of naked children paintings in normal church ceilings or is it alright for old farts to marry thirteen year old girls *shiver* [​IMG]