Hardware Shell + analog swaped my N3Ds XL

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i shell swapped my already motherboard + powerboard swapped n3ds from the black version with a rayquaza decal to the majora's mask version + build in a new analog stick (which was quite a hassle since it didn't fit proper), also i fixed up my hard mod cutout to make it fit the usb port much better then before =)
this is how it turned out:
IMG_0307.JPG IMG_0309.JPG IMG_0310.JPG IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0322.JPG

Reactions: cearp

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sexy Beast!! Love that analog!
(Edit Off Topic)
I could not find your post on the wireless charging, I bought the same things from allyexpress for a note5, and the charging base, but I have a super quick question, Did you just plug that into the battery directly, or does it have to be added into the power-in on the n3ds (charging port)?

Last edited by Pecrow,

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sexy Beast!! Love that analog!
(Edit Off Topic)
I could not find your post on the wireless charging, I bought the same things from allyexpress for a note5, and the charging base, but I have a super quick question, Did you just plug that into the battery directly, or does it have to be added into the power-in on the n3ds (charging port)?
i am in the making of a video guide for both the wireless charge mod and the bluetooth one, if you can hold on for a couple of days (i have problems with 4k + my laptop haha) but the quick answere is, no i did not put it where the battery is, but rather where the charging port is on the top of the 3ds and solderd it to the + and -,
IMG_2617.JPG

Reactions: Pecrow

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am in the making of a video guide for both the wireless charge mod and the bluetooth one, if you can hold on for a couple of days (i have problems with 4k + my laptop haha) but the quick answere is, no i did not put it where the battery is, but rather where the charging port is on the top of the 3ds and solderd it to the + and -,
View attachment 66740
Thank you! And no worries, I am still expecting it to arrive in about a week, I asked because I saw your post and remembered :)

BTW, is there any heating from the NFC? I am worried about that, I have read a few reviews on those things.

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you! And no worries, I am still expecting it to arrive in about a week, I asked because I saw your post and remembered :)

BTW, is there any heating from the NFC? I am worried about that, I have read a few reviews on those things.
yes the back plate get's warm, but that's all "Warm" it does not get hot or anything but it does go above body temp, it's a worry though, it cools in like 5 seconds after you've taken it from the charger. i'd suggest getting a good transmitter though, my old transmitter was very cheap and broke really fast + the range was not the greatest but my new one goes so much better, i can lift my 3ds like 1cm up and it still charges + up down left right margins are much better too,
i can measure the received mah with my jailbroken old i5s and it seems to go from 500mah up to 1A, even though i have a 2A transmitter, but that's because the 3ds charger it self runs at 1A i wouldn't recommend higher then 1A anyway. i'm fine with a 500-800mah charge rate

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where did you buy a custom analog stick!?
shapeways.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning