Shawn Layden, chairman and former PlayStation CEO is leaving Sony

shawn-layden-e3-non-piu-stessa-importanza-che-ricopriva-in-passato-v5-363964.jpg

Shawn Layden, current Sony executive and chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios, and former CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America, will be leaving the company after 32 years of service. The announcement, which came from PlayStation's official Twitter account, was sudden, and Layden's departure from Sony is occurring at a very crucial time, as PlayStation has begun their transition towards the upcoming successor to the PlayStation 4--a console that outperformed all expectations and sales projections, under Layden's tenure. Shawn Layden was hired on in communications at Sony's Tokyo office back in 1987, where he became the Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe in 1999, and then President of Sony Computer Entertainment Japan in 2007, before being promoted to his high-profile role as CEO of SCEA.

:arrow: Source

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
The time has finally come.
Thank you Shawn, for all you've done to the gaming industry, mostly for what resulted in success.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, what the hell? First it was Krazy ken, then Kaz Hirai... now this guy is claiming to be PlayStation CEO for the past thirty two years?! The PlayStation brand didn't even exist 32 years ago.

So who's the bastard responsible for all the shitty busted PlayStations I kept getting? :angry:

Reactions: DarthDub

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@codezer0 ....you should read right before typing nonsense. he worked 32 yrs for Sony not Playstation.
Don't blame me for the headline implying that he was working at the PlayStation brand for 32 years.

That would be like how h.r. people end up needing a new programming position for a language that didn't even come out six months ago but then want someone with "10 years experience" in it. :wacko:

Voyambar

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't blame me for the headline implying that he was working at the PlayStation brand for 32 years.

It never implied that. Anybody with even just half a brain would know that. He's been working for Sony for 32 years then he went into PlayStation once that came out. Like the other person said you need to actually read the stuff before typing up literal nonsense and making yourself look like a idiot.

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what the real reason why the departure was so sudden. It wasn't like how Reggie and Nintendo gave notice when Reggie left. This was announced via a tweet late in the day just spontaneously. We may never know the real reason why.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I wonder what the real reason why the departure was so sudden. It wasn't like how Reggie and Nintendo gave notice when Reggie left. This was announced via a tweet late in the day just spontaneously. We may never know the real reason why.

Epic bought Shawn Layden for exclusivity obviously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn