Shaun the Sheep Comes to Europe This Wednesday

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Those long-awaited episodes of Shaun the Sheep make their way to 3DS in Europe this week, with the first episode available on Wednesday.

The first of 15 episodes launches on 7th March, with a new episode due every week through SpotPass. They're all free and exclusive to 3DS through the Nintendo Video application.

source:http://www.nintendol..._this_wednesday
medium.jpg

I never liked shawn the sheep,give me something like family guy or two and a half men or even big bang theory. hell i'll take jersey shore ! :creep:

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never liked shawn the sheep,give me something like family guy or two and a half men or even big bang theory. hell i'll take jersey shore ! :creep:
It's children's programming dude. For the youngin's.
But whatever it sounds interesting, I love Wallace and Gromit, and this is a spin-off. I just hope it's not that nasty post-production 3D though, but that it was actually shot in 3D.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Its post production 3D. All these shows were shot for TV. Stop Motion is time consuming and expensive enough without adding 3D to it.

If you're going through the trouble of doing stop-motion in the first place, it's cheaper and faster to just shoot it with two cameras and get stereoscopic 3D as you go, instead of doing the whole thing in 2D and then adding 3D with computers later on.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its post production 3D. All these shows were shot for TV. Stop Motion is time consuming and expensive enough without adding 3D to it.
Post production 3D tends to look awful though.
I think that's how they produced those Oscar's Oasis shorts you could view on the Nintendo video service months ago. They still show the shorts regularly on POP.

They probably wish they had taken stereoscopic shots in hind-sight, given how easy it would be to simply use a stereoscopic camera now they would definitely do it for future projects

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I read in an interview a few days ago where they said that there doesn't exist such small stereo cameras for the small sets they were working with, so what they did was taking two differently angeled shots with the same camera. Imagine how much more work they have to put for every shot, the hardest part being having identically angle the lenses between EVERY single shot in order to simulate a stereoscopic camera.
This blew my mind.
Hopefully they remember to angle the lenses, because if they are parallel in relation to each other the result will make their 3D models look like 2D cut-outs in a 3D space, common mistake among 3D movies. No real depth to the models.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country

If you're going through the trouble of doing stop-motion in the first place, it's cheaper and faster to just shoot it with two cameras and get stereoscopic 3D as you go, instead of doing the whole thing in 2D and then adding 3D with computers later on.
Hmm...the article doesn't make it very clear to me whether these are new episodes or clips of already shot episodes (which seems the more likely option to me) If they're already shot episodes then its post production 3D.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality