Gaming Sharploder ?!??!

skagon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can anyone knowledgeable please tell me, for the love of God, what is this thing in the photos?

Xploshark 10.JPGXploshark 11.JPGXploshark 12.JPG

Looks like Xploder, has an Xploder box, but... inside... there's a shark lurking.
So... did they buy out Gameshark? Or is it just some kid that decided to play a prank?
Any info would be most welcome!

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That appears to be a regular GBA gameshark. Unless it has any places to plug in the included cables, it is most likely identical to mine and not a GBA Xploder.

skagon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
...the thing that baffles me, though, is that the plastic insert is also shaped like the Gameshark "doughnut"; it does not look like someone just got an Xploder box and threw in a Gameshark...
Now, I have no idea about the history of these two companies, but... could it be that, say, the creators of Xploder bought Gameshark and re-branded their remaining stock? Or the opposite?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xploder=CodeBreaker apparently which is not gameshark.

The foam case that fits the gameshark should not exist. That style gameshark was always sold in clear plastic packaging. No idea.

syrusch

Trophies
Website
www.stut.ch
XP
Country
Swaziland
Gameshark was the name for Datel Action Replay in the US. It was a brand from Interact. Now it's a a Mad Catz brand. So Gameshark GBA is an Action Raplay.

skagon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My question was not "what is gameshark", but what is that thing I see in the photos.
In any case, I bought it and even though it's a GameShark doughnut-shaped cartridge, its ROM has "Xploder" logos all over. Obviously, the box is "Xploder"-branded as well, as the photos show.
I still have no idea how that happened. Maybe the creators of Xploder got their hands on some surplus GameShark cartridges and decided to reprogram the ROM?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's most definitely a repurposed Gameshark shell, how that came to be is anyone's guess. You're not the first to come across this, I found this thread with a dongle identical to yours that also came in an XPLODER case:

20100412154848.jpg

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't MadCatz's Gameshark use Xploder instead of Action Replay as a base the way Interact's Gameshark did?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr