Homebrew TWPatcher - DS(i) mode screen filters and patches

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 748,204
  • Replies 2,428
  • Likes 101

Are you interested in a complete replacement of TwlBg which includes all patches?

• Yes, I don't care how broken it will be!

Votes: 188 79.3%
  • No, I don't want to use even more broken stuff

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Yes, but only in GBA mode, because I play DSi exclusives

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • No, because I only use DS and DSi mode

Votes: 17 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hyper99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Open GodMode9, and see if there's a weirdly-named "_nds" folder that Windows probably doesn't see.
Nope, there's not. Although my _nds folder has always been hidden for some reason, but that never brought problems to me.

Alpuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
When using the widescreen patch, if i use the pixel perfect mode (launch while pressing select) the widescreen enabled games look really bad.
Is it possible to fix it so that we get widescreen also in pixel perfect mode?

MarkussLugia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi @Robz8 I noticed that TWiLight Menu will automatically copy Widescreen.cxi to luma/sysmodules and rename it. But after exiting the game the patch will stay in /sysmodules, and it will cause everything running in DS mode to be STRECHED to wide-screen, not expanding. Even when launching compatible games in TWiLight Menu it only streches the screen to force 16:10. I have to move the TwlBg.cxi back to the /TwlBg folder, rename it and reboot my 3ds to make the widescreen hack work again.

Last edited by MarkussLugia,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using the widescreen patch, if i use the pixel perfect mode (launch while pressing select) the widescreen enabled games look really bad.
Is it possible to fix it so that we get widescreen also in pixel perfect mode?

Widescreen here isn't pixel-perfect by definition, since it is created by stretching the same original DS resolution. The hacks widen the horizontal FoV in 3D games, which renders "squashed" in DS resolution, and then gets stretched out by this upscaler.

With a bunch of more work Sono might be able to make a widescreen mode that uses the original vertical resolution, but I wonder how useful it is, since again it can't be pixel perfect, and will probably overall look worse having fewer pixels to scale up to.

Reactions: Vague Rant

Hyper99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@Robz8 I reinstalled TwilightMenu++ and it still says nds bootstrap not found. I don't understand, I have all the files in the correct folder.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you should try the updater?
^ just to install nds-bootstrap.
@Robz8 I reinstalled TwilightMenu++ and it still says nds bootstrap not found. I don't understand, I have all the files in the correct folder.
Launch GodMode9i (not GM9), and see if it shows the nds-bootstrap .nds files in "_nds".
Take a screenshot in the app, once you're in the folder.

Hyper99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
^ just to install nds-bootstrap.

Launch GodMode9i (not GM9), and see if it shows the nds-bootstrap .nds files in "_nds".
Take a screenshot in the app, once you're in the folder.
Here. See it for yourself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait a moment... GodMode9i?

Attachments

• snap000.bmp
    562.6 KB · Views: 230

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou