Hacking "Shared Content" and NAND Space

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was cleaning my Wii's NAND to free up some space, and I noticed that there seems to be less free blocks than there should be. I am not able to account for all of the blocks that are in use. In searching for some insight I came across this conversation concerning "shared content" and their deletion, more specifically the failure of their deletion, in the Trucha Bug Restorer release thread.

My concern is that the missing blocks may still be allocated to these orphaned "shared content". Is there a way to determine if such a condition exists? Will this become a problem with more and more NAND space being lost as I overwrite IOSes without deleting them first? Is there a way to fix this issue? Is this even a real issue?

I hope that I'm just forgetting to carry the one here and am being paranoid...

-[]D

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought that if you install a wad file with wad manager, you should remove the installed wad with wad manager. If you delete, instead of remove with wad manager, I think that there may be small fragments (of the installed wad) left behind. I don't know why I think this, I may have read this once long ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1