i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just learned at the age of 23 that I have moderate far-sightedness (hyperopia).

I was prescribed +4.0 glasses.

The optometrist was shocked that I had gone so long without glasses. Anyone else have a similar story?

When did you find out that you needed glasses? Are you myopic or hyperopic? Anyone have more severe hyperopia than I do?

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need (yet) praise Jesus. I was blessed with 20-15 vision.
Wow, I think you missed your calling as a fighter pilot.

Also, the whole 20/20 thing really only applies very well to myopia. You can't use it to describe what someone with hyperopia experiences. I can see clearly without glasses, but I have to bend my eye hardcore, and it leads to eye strain. tl;dr I can see very clearly for a limited amount of time (~8 hours in good light).

Last edited by x65943,

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a slight hypermetropy but my eyes can compensate so i have a 20 vision but "in theory" since my eyes have to compensate they should get tired pretty fast which does not happen for some reason

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have glasses but i never wear them since i don't want to bother and the diference is negligeable (there is one because i also have slight astigmatism)

Reactions: x65943

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a slight hypermetropy but my eyes can compensate so i have a 20 vision but "in theory" since my eyes have to compensate they should get tired pretty fast which does not happen for some reason
Sounds like your vision is very similar to mine. You have hyperopia. You probably have it a little less severe than I do (+1 or +2).

The optometrist told me that the eyes' ability to compensate for hyperopia will diminish with age - so you will probably need glasses sometime in the future - even if just for reading.

Reactions: Alkéryn

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have no idea how it converts to the 20/20 system, but the last time I checked I was at around -9.5. Basically I'm near legally blind without glasses. On the bright side, I never need a magnifying glass because putting things 3cm from my face works better than any of those.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see absolutely nothing without glasses. I have -3.5 myopia and Astigmatism. By nothing I mean that I see my surroudings quite good, but everything is blurry. And my myopia always varies, so generally each time I change glasses, after 1 month they start to become less adapted. It ranges from -4.5 to -2.5

Last edited by StarTrekVoyager,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have about 20-40 vision, can see pretty fine without glasses, but it helps for longer distances, and frankly I look way cooler with glasses on than off, so I typically wear mine all the time even though I don't need to.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what me sight it.
But I'm blind at low light levels.
Other then that, I can see just fine.
You're most likely hyperopic like me. I experience this as well, where in low light levels I can't see very well.

The other option is that you have underdeveloped rods, but I kind of doubt this is the issue.

The easiest way to check if you're hyperopic is to relax your eyes. If everything gets blurry when you relax your eyes, then you are hyperopic.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I kinda forgot what my glasses prescription was but my right eye has a bit of both close and far sight being blurry, while my left eye is 4x worse, to the point that I see almost nothing. If i close my right eye, I won't see shit, even with glasses. My left eye is so lazy that it doesn't really see anymore.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it is something like -3,5 astigmatism or something like that.
TBH, I can see OKish (not really good) without glasses, but after reading for a couple of minutes I get a headache.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're most likely hyperopic like me. I experience this as well, where in low light levels I can't see very well.

The other option is that you have underdeveloped rods, but I kind of doubt this is the issue.

The easiest way to check if you're hyperopic is to relax your eyes. If everything gets blurry when you relax your eyes, then you are hyperopic.

Well, I am nightblind ;p
Always have been for as long as I can remember.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
-3.75 on the left, -3.15 on the right

Probably going to get laser correction done in a year or so, but wearing glasses without lenses afterwards will be rather fun...

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cool. How much $$$?
Does a Krankenkasse even cover some of that?
(research purposes)
It was 1000€ per eye and no. The "Krankenkasse" will not pay anything nor will any private insurance. It's not considered a medical operation but merely "cosmetic surgery".

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don'y know what the numbers are but I'm like half blind in my left eye, to the point where I don't even use it, and my right eye is pretty shit too but not so bad.
I can see with glasses, I just have fucking terrible depth perception.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don'y know what the numbers are but I'm like half blind in my left eye, to the point where I don't even use it, and my right eye is pretty shit too but not so bad.
I can see with glasses, I just have fucking terrible depth perception.
I feel ya(not physically )
I'm used to it, 30 years so far

Reactions: Seriel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?