Gaming Share your thoughts on MK8 Deluxe.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I got my copy of MK8 Deluxe and I have been playing it for a while now.

Before I've been saying it is the same game as the one on Wii U and probably it's not worth to buy it again, but I've been noticing it is resulting a much better experience overall for me.

So, I can't put my finger on exactly why I feel it is a better experience, but I think it may be related to this:
  1. Load Times for tracks: On the Wii U I suffered between tracks, I think they loading so much faster really improves the game, it is less of a PITA and more fun.
  2. Controllers: Before I used mostly the Wii U gamepad, perhaps the Switch Pro Controllers is much more comfortable? I don't know if it is a factor, but perhaps I am enjoying it more for this.
  3. The GFX are supposedly the same: I've been saying this, gfx are the same, same fucking game... nonetheless it seems to me way more sharper than before? Perhaps it is just my idea, but I will try my Wii U version soon enough to check this. It just looks as if it was higher resolution and sharper, it looks quite good on a 55" screen.
  4. Dual item holding: Yes.
So, I am quite positive 1. and 4. are real, but probably 2. and 3. are an illusion, nonetheless I will try my Wii U version soon to check on that.

What do you think of your experience with MK8 Deluxe up to now?

PS: If you only want to criticize my purchase, better join me myself and do it on this other thread.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the Wiiu resolution was 720, whereas the switch version runs in 1080.

So yes, it should look sharper.

Reactions: Xzi

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i'm buying this game tomorrow off the eshop, can't wait to play it once more actually.
i enjoy the wii u version , i will most defintely like this one too, will be nice playing some multiplayer rounds on sharp crisp switch screen before bed!

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My copy hasnt came in yet. Should be there when i get home tho.
But we all know its the same game with just added battle mode and 1080.

But i havent brought a mario kart game since the 64. I play most of them. Never play 8 however.
So its something new to me and shall make the wait to spaltoon a bit less.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon screwed up my pre-order, it's not coming today, so I stopped by Walmart this morning and picked it up since they were the only store that's open when leave for work.

Love it, definitely looks better on bigger tv's. Looks much better on the switch, on my 60', than it does with the Wiiu. Just as much fun. Loving the "2 item" upgrade. Forgot how much fun it is playing online.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load times are quite better, and the graphics are indeed better though it's a bit hard to notice, least while playing docked. An enjoyable experience especially for those who never owned a WiiU and the original MK8.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe actually outputs the game in 1080p@60fps (1 and 2 player, 3 and 4 player is 720p@30fps) instead of the 720p@60fps of the Wii U Version!
Source? If it runs 1080p@60, there's no reason it should need a resolution AND frame rate drop for 3-4 players. 1080p@30 or 720p@60 would make sense.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
wow. I was already angry at Nintendo.
And they did the job to be worse than the worst.

I'm a hardcore (well semi-pro because doing 3/4 hours a day of Time Trial when I don't work, but at least 1h EVERY DAY) player of Mario Kart : Double Dash !! And... There are NO PART to skills. NONE. I've done 2 cups, and the RNG is worst than the basic Mk 8. It's equal to Mk:Wii (in 2 cups, I had 14 Blue Shells, so nice in 8 races, and I do not count Lighting that are extremly common)

And i'm not even speaking with the fact that this Mk 8 Deluxe EXCEPT ONE new rule in Battle mode, there's nothing new.

This is a shame. Really. And i've enjoyed every Mario Kart, even the 7 which was a huge joke already. But this one. Lol. Thanks that I can play where I want this is the ONLY positive thing.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
wow. I was already angry at Nintendo.
And they did the job to be worse than the worst.

I'm a hardcore (well semi-pro because doing 3/4 hours a day of Time Trial when I don't work, but at least 1h EVERY DAY) player of Mario Kart : Double Dash !! And... There are NO PART to skills. NONE. I've done 2 cups, and the RNG is worst than the basic Mk 8. It's equal to Mk:Wii (in 2 cups, I had 14 Blue Shells, so nice in 8 races, and I do not count Lighting that are extremly common)

And i'm not even speaking with the fact that this Mk 8 Deluxe EXCEPT ONE new rule in Battle mode, there's nothing new.

This is a shame. Really. And i've enjoyed every Mario Kart, even the 7 which was a huge joke already. But this one. Lol. Thanks that I can play where I want this is the ONLY positive thing.
How is the RNG different from any other Mario Kart game? You get random items when you hit question mark blocks. That's been around since MK SNES as far as I'm aware.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Simply,
In Mario Kart 64 you are (almost) never been hit by a Blue Shell because the chance for the IA to get one is really low.

Now it's like 1/2 to have a Blue Shell or a Lighting.

Having item is a thing. The chances to have X or Y item is something else haha

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Simply,
In Mario Kart 64 you are (almost) never been hit by a Blue Shell because the chance for the IA to get one is really low.

Now it's like 1/2 to have a Blue Shell or a Lighting.

Having item is a thing. The chances to have X or Y item is something else haha
Obviously you're exaggerating. The chances of getting a blue shell or lightning are 2/(however many items the game has). One or two rounds of racing isn't enough to accurately measure the rate of occurrence.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Obviously you're exaggerating. The chances of getting a blue shell or lightning are 2/(however many items the game has). One or two rounds of racing isn't enough to accurately measure the rate of occurrence.

Absolutly not.
This is not how the chances are made and... have never been like this (for example in DD, the chance to see the IA getting a Blue Shell is almost 0% in 50cc and gets higher in 100cc and 150cc) The RNG is now made to make more "fun" and create more "suspens"

You see, I'm keeping track of the items I get in my face. Just did a race : 2 bleue (and of course one in front of the lap so I can't get the 10 coins as i want), 2 lighting and 1 red. it's EVERY race like this. Play an older Mk. you'll see the difference.

Edit : Just did another race, 3 blues, 2 lighting and 2 reds. I'm bored by this game already.

And i've spent too much hours on every Mario Kart to make a difference on how the RNG works on each game

Last edited by Rick Astley,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think for the fact of there being no hackers online yet, this is what people need. Especially since there's no 'fire hopping' or other strategies discovered yet.

I imagine DLC in the future, after Splatoon 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1