MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
These gummi bears sold by Kroger are THE best I have ever had. They're really soft, fresh, and they have robust flavor to them like no others I've had, so trust me... I'm a gummi bear snob... And these are top-shelf in my opinion!

BONUS FACTS: The girl's name is Candy, and her dog is Lollipop. (Back of the package says so.) UwU

download (6).jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1 to lidl. They used to be pretty awful (though having a water fight with 7p/30p bottles of lemonade in the car park was hilarious, and sticky) but these days they have upped their game considerably and have some wonderful things.
Their own brand ice creams... they are the same as the Eisman ice creams (UK wise if you had some frozen food delivered in the late 80s/early 90s then probably was this) as far as I am concerned and that is not a claim anybody that ever had Eisman ice creams back in the day will make lightly, several have questioned that before now and all have gone to lidl that weekend to stock up. I had searched for something like it for years, had all the fancy ice creams but nothing came close to them until I tried Lidl's efforts.
Their cereals are not bad at all but I think I will take either sainsburys or tesco efforts at shreddies/malt wheats. Their crisps can be pretty good -- a while back they had some monster munch a like and
My only problem with them now is I have not seen the chocolate sprinkles yoghurt (stracciatella if you wanted a term) in ages and ages now, and they appear to have stopped doing large jars or cooked peppers (blended and heated with some onion they make a nice tomato substitute).

I also like Sainsburys salad cream. It is the best of all the ones I have tried, and barring some boring low fat/vegan/gluten free stuff I have tried them all.

I do also have to go in for Asda jaffa cakes. I did not believe it last time we had this discussion but in the name of science I went and had a look. https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbachef-things-you-prefer-the-store-brand-for.554104/#post-8891162
Was true.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cannot believe no one has posted Loblaw's No Name brand.

No_name_cheese_rice_crackers_2012_%28cropped%29.jpg
no-name-mandarin-oranges.jpg
no-name-club-pack-vanilla-ice-cream-sandwich-1-768x768.jpg

Carried throughout all of Loblaw's stores in Canada (Independent Grocer, Shoppers Drug Mart, The Great Canadaian Superstore, Loblaws, all those weird quebec only names) carry these. Hell, there's even a loblaws spin-off store that as far as I'm aware, basically carries nothing but no name items, called No Frills. They make most goods in most categories in a generic except for I believe bakery items, as those are often made in store and then branded with the basic white label on transparent plastic packaging model. I believe some stores brand their bakery items with No Name, but they don't keep the yellow colour scheme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: