❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I've not seen a thread for this anywhere, so I figured I'd create one. If there already is one then I apologize and all this typing will have gone to waste. Anyway, post background music and intros you've either come across or created yourself. Note that all music must be free domain!

Update:
freeShop has new music playback settings. It can play music directly from eShop’s extdata or using user-provided audio files. Format support will be BCSTM (DSP ADPCM), Ogg (Vorbis), and basic AAC. It is recommended that you use BCSTM format. There is a great community for music in this format found here: http://smashcustommusic.com/

The new directory for audio files will be sd:/3ds/data/freeShop/music/. There is no support for subdirectories currently, so only the files directly there will be usable.

You will notice an /eshop/ subdirectory there, but you should just leave it alone. That will have eShop audio files, and it will be auto-created if you try to remove it.

To create your own BCSTM you can use Looping Audio Converter. I haven't quite figured out how to use it yet, but if anyone else knows how and can post a small guide then I'll add it to the OP.

Last edited by Joom,

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i honestly don't know what would classify as "free domain", but... if requests are allowed at all...

Would it be possible for someone to convert a variation of the Sonic 3 Data Select Screen that would suit the freeShop.
The intro would have to be the short Anniversary Jingle from Sonic Generations, if it fits in the amount of time allowed during boot.

Last edited by LWares87,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but you shouldn't host the Wii Shop Channel music here. :(
It is copyrighted, thus illegal, and against the GBATemp rules.
(The remix is fine, though.)
romfs files have been hosted here before, what's different with an old music that it isn't in its original file format? I know nintendo is the owner, but by applying that logic, every music from nintendo hosted anywhere should be taken down :unsure:

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I know nintendo is the owner, but by applying that logic, every music from nintendo hosted anywhere should be taken down :unsure:
That is true, actually, and applies to every copyrighted content.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I removed it since it's obviously going to cause a fuss. Also, free domain means music that isn't copyrighted in a way that prevents it from being publicly shared for free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool