Homebrew Share and Download custom Wii U Themes

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m super late but where did you get the emulators you featured in the screenshots?
GB/GBA is VBAGX
DS is Loadiine filled only with DS games
3DS is the the 3DS remote play homebrew app ntrview, you need both a hacked 3DS and hacked Wii U, but you can play your 3DS on your Wii U with the GamePad this way.

NES is FCEUGX
SNES is SNES9XGX
N64 is Wii64 Rice
Gamecube is Nintendont
Wii/Wiiware is USBLoader GX

PS1 is WiiSXRX
PSP is PPSSPP
Genesis, Master System, Sega CD, etc is GenPlus GX
NeoGeo is a modified GXgeo
Arcade+ (Mame, Turbografx, Virtual Boy, Sega 32X, and tons of others) is Retroarch

While many emulators/loaders run from the vWii side of the system and are pretty much just forwarded to from the Wii U menu, they all allow for being played with the GamePad or Wii U Pro controllers. However, the Neo Geo emulator can't be controlled with the Gamepad, though pro controllers work, the PSP emulator can only be played with the GamePad at this time likewise for DS games on the Wii U, and Wii/Wiiware as a channel can't use the GamePad as a controller (though individual injects of course can allow for GamePad control of specific Wii titles).

Anyway, I made channels for those that didn't already have any or found some that already existed, and then manually edited the icons and banners to be uniform in style and imported them in over the original icons and banners that they had via FTP.

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GB/GBA is VBAGX
DS is Loadiine filled only with DS games
3DS is the the 3DS remote play homebrew app ntrview, you need both a hacked 3DS and hacked Wii U, but you can play your 3DS on your Wii U with the GamePad this way.

NES is FCEUGX
SNES is SNES9XGX
N64 is Wii64 Rice
Gamecube is Nintendont
Wii/Wiiware is USBLoader GX

PS1 is WiiSXRX
PSP is PPSSPP
Genesis, Master System, Sega CD, etc is GenPlus GX
NeoGeo is a modified GXgeo
Arcade+ (Mame, Turbografx, Virtual Boy, Sega 32X, and tons of others) is Retroarch

While many emulators/loaders run from the vWii side of the system and are pretty much just forwarded to from the Wii U menu, they all allow for being played with the GamePad or Wii U Pro controllers. However, the Neo Geo emulator can't be controlled with the Gamepad, though pro controllers work, the PSP emulator can only be played with the GamePad at this time likewise for DS games on the Wii U, and Wii/Wiiware as a channel can't use the GamePad as a controller (though individual injects of course can allow for GamePad control of specific Wii titles).

Anyway, I made channels for those that didn't already have any or found some that already existed, and then manually edited the icons and banners to be uniform in style and imported them in over the original icons and banners that they had via FTP.
Can you share your channels with us?

LeedleFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to change the screen swap button but when I import anything, it's just blank. I tried mine, I tried yours, neither worked.

EDIT: Nevermind. I was trying to import it over the original, but I guess I'll just use yours as a base

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got bored, threw together a new one. Not in love with the final result, but still felt it worth sharing. I present Purple & Lime. This is a theme where the difference in color display between your TV and GamePad is very evident, and I think that's why I'm not crazy about this one, it looks better on one display over the other in my opinion, but I still think it's neat, so here ya go:

iJ6bE82.png

1v64X31.png

2X60b14.png

Download Here

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi There. I tried to go back to the Original Wii U Theme with the backup I made, But the GamePad Button gets stuck on the previous Theme (Dark Wii Purple) Does anyone have the Vanilla Theme Files so that I can fix that little anomaly?

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi There. I tried to go back to the Original Wii U Theme with the backup I made, But the GamePad Button gets stuck on the previous Theme (Dark Wii Purple) Does anyone have the Vanilla Theme Files so that I can fix that little anomaly?
What are you using to restore the original theme?

prince_pokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sooo i've been trying to change the wii u menu's cursor with these themes. (i figured it was possible because of Cursor.szs?) and, so far, nothing's really worked. using the dark theme - white as a base/reference, i was exporting all the bflims --> png, then editing them in photoshop before converting again, png --> dds --> bflim to replace the originals in men.pack. then i just changed the colors in cursor.bflyt, some small edits to Cursor_CursorNumber.bflan (i figured that controlled the different player colors -- i wanted each one to be black).

tldr: i tried changing the cursors, did about everything i think i could, and it looked A-OK in Switch Toolbox. but it doesn't show up in the actual menu and i don't really know why

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sooo i've been trying to change the wii u menu's cursor with these themes. (i figured it was possible because of Cursor.szs?) and, so far, nothing's really worked. using the dark theme - white as a base/reference, i was exporting all the bflims --> png, then editing them in photoshop before converting again, png --> dds --> bflim to replace the originals in men.pack. then i just changed the colors in cursor.bflyt, some small edits to Cursor_CursorNumber.bflan (i figured that controlled the different player colors -- i wanted each one to be black).

tldr: i tried changing the cursors, did about everything i think i could, and it looked A-OK in Switch Toolbox. but it doesn't show up in the actual menu and i don't really know why
You can edit the base color of the cursor (the white hand) in cursor.bflyt by changing the background color of CursorBase. Changing the outline per player though has alluded me. I'm feeling a little motivated to look for those values again, I'll let you know if I ever have any luck.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte