Homebrew Share and Download custom Wii U Themes

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have perm themed the Wii U menu and the vWii Menu
I am just here at the moment to ask if someone can please point me in the right direction for the tools which pack/unpack the theme files.
So I do artsy stuff and change hexvalues and icons what not and repack it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have perm themed the Wii U menu and the vWii Menu
I am just here at the moment to ask if someone can please point me in the right direction for the tools which pack/unpack the theme files.
So I do artsy stuff and change hexvalues and icons what not and repack it
looks like the post was edited, and the poster removed the information on creating your own themes.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like the post was edited, and the poster removed the information on creating your own themes.
? I didn't remove any info from that first post. I've shared the info I have in what gets edited in that first post (the men.pack and men2.pack files) and what parts of those files need to be edited where, laid out in that google sheets page. I may not have mentioned that Switch Toolbox is the key editing software here, though other software may be necessary when appropriate like Photoshop. But other than that the info is there to create and edit themes. Like I said in that first post, maybe I'll go into detail on how exactly each element is edited at some point, but I definitely laid out enough info to edit the themes as I have.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? I didn't remove any info from that first post. I've shared the info I have in what gets edited in that first post (the men.pack and men2.pack files) and what parts of those files need to be edited where, laid out in that google sheets page. I may not have mentioned that Switch Toolbox is the key editing software here, though other software may be necessary when appropriate like Photoshop. But other than that the info is there to create and edit themes. Like I said in that first post, maybe I'll go into detail on how exactly each element is edited at some point, but I definitely laid out enough info to edit the themes as I have.
I didn't mean you. I mean in the link you provided. there's no mention of the apps used anymore. the op deleted the information.

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright I have the latest SwitchToolbox and I got the latest Github as there are unbuilt changes so I am just going to build the current one for sake of having the newest fixes.

Reactions: godreborn

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
damn, lol, that's going to confuse people since the next system released was called the switch. lol
If you are curious

Screenshot 2022-04-26 035646.jpg

This thing supports WiiU and Switch combined.
Probably why it was called SwtichToolBox, actually I don't know why it was called that when Nintendbrew ToolBox is probably a more inclusive name. In fact when I am done installing the god damn #NET 4.8 Developer SDK Framework so these updated references resolve to something I can build then I may rename the built project for the hell of it but that is effort.

Do you want a copy of the latest build from Switch Toolbox Github as you can see 5 days ago there are commits but the latest build is as far back as 2020 hence I am just loading the project in Visual Studio 2022 and building the C# project based on latest commits.

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this is a stupid question but is there any risk of doing this while playing games online? Currently just using SDcaffiine but might go permanent. Just want to know if anyone has been banned for doing anything with custom themes either with caffeine or permanent themes.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this is a stupid question but is there any risk of doing this while playing games online? Currently just using SDcaffiine but might go permanent. Just want to know if anyone has been banned for doing anything with custom themes either with caffeine or permanent themes.
No, playing online is safe with this kind of mod.

ExZardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that's cool :D, can't wait to see what you will add, theme making seems kind of a difficult process so far
I still have not found where the DRC Swap button is located I am trying to remove the background gradient that is behind the DRC/TV button that you can see in all themes in bottom right corner that odd-shaped circle background behind the button

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have not found where the DRC Swap button is located I am trying to remove the background gradient that is behind the DRC/TV button that you can see in all themes in bottom right corner that odd-shaped circle background behind the button
The file you wish to edit is BtnSwapDRC under BtnSwap_00^f.bflim in Men.pack, if you want to change that background for the same little bubble on the TV, its in the same file under BtnSwap00^f.bflim again, but BtnSwap_00 is the file you'll then edit instead.

if you missed it, I labeled where the elements I have edited in these themes are in this document here

Also, any chance you could share your latest build of Switch Toolbox? The software has given me some little issues here and there in my time with it, and maybe the version you have addresses those issue.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse